PDA

View Full Version : Royal Holdem on UB

Ulysses
11-09-2005, 10:45 AM
This really is the greatest game ever. I have mainly dominated, except for one rough HU session vs JV.

bicyclekick
11-09-2005, 11:57 AM
I was confused at first but did some investigation to figure out wtf this is...

it's holdem with only TT-AA in the deck...you can find the games by going to the main texas holdem tab and on the right side tab there is like a more info or something and some of them say royal by them.

sfer
11-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Dr Savage told me he rocked everyone in this game.

DMBFan23
11-09-2005, 12:47 PM
this game sucks, they always suck out on my flopped TPTK

Justin A
11-09-2005, 01:34 PM
I'm beating the play money games for like 3 figures bb/100.

tonypaladino
11-09-2005, 01:50 PM
I was doing great, then played a drunken 1/2 session and dropped 100 BBs.

MEbenhoe
11-09-2005, 01:55 PM
am i retarded that it took me two hands before i realized that straights have zero value in this game? there i was capping the flop with my flopped straight, when it suddenly hit me i had no chance of winning that hand /images/graemlins/frown.gif

11-09-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
am i retarded that it took me two hands before i realized that straights have zero value in this game? there i was capping the flop with my flopped straight, when it suddenly hit me i had no chance of winning that hand /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaahhhahha

yeah I played my bro in law heads up royal once, no limit, and laughed in his face when I got my top set all in on the flop against his straight

jedi
11-09-2005, 06:13 PM
The funniest thing is when people come into the game not knowing that it's Royal.

"Wow, I'm getting premium hands every time!"

"This site is rigged. Straight beat by full house every time same thing."

It's even funnier when the others keep "encouraging him."

- "Don't worry, you'll get all the money in the long run."

Yeti
11-09-2005, 08:17 PM
I just tried it and am not really a fan. I just can't seem to catch a piece of the flop.

11-09-2005, 08:53 PM
I like it so far and is easier to me than the regular game. Haven't had a lot of variance but only played about 2k hands. BR requirement should be less. All of this is assuming you are a winning player. As for straights they can be ok but your not playing the hand with that intention. Position matters some UTG vs. Late so be aware of the strength of your starting hands. Flop % should be approx. the same as a short handed regular game say 40-50%. Any other input would be great.

Ulysses
11-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Perhaps tonight we can get some 2+2 RH tables going.

toss
11-09-2005, 09:35 PM
I'd play that.

chuddo
11-09-2005, 09:57 PM
i will play anyone headsup up to 1000-2000 royal holdem.

or a 2+2 1-2 game.

Ulysses
11-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Talk about domination. What a turn check. From earlier today:

kriststanley is at seat 0 with $166.
redsamurai is at seat 1 with $102.75.
SchneidyBoy is at seat 2 with $75.
akshawnd is at seat 3 with $49986.
BootBoy is at seat 4 with $111.
Bluff_McPuff is at seat 5 with $43.
The button is at seat 5.

kriststanley posts the small blind of $.50.
redsamurai posts the big blind of $1.

kriststanley: -- --
redsamurai: -- --
SchneidyBoy: -- --
akshawnd: Jc Ad
BootBoy: -- --
Bluff_McPuff: -- --

Pre-flop:

SchneidyBoy calls. akshawnd raises to $2. BootBoy
folds. Bluff_McPuff calls. kriststanley re-raises
to $3. redsamurai calls. SchneidyBoy calls.
akshawnd calls. Bluff_McPuff calls.

Flop (board: Jd Tc Jh):

kriststanley checks. redsamurai checks.
SchneidyBoy bets $1. akshawnd raises to $2.
Bluff_McPuff folds. kriststanley folds. redsamurai
folds. SchneidyBoy re-raises to $3. akshawnd
re-raises to $4. SchneidyBoy calls.

Turn (board: Jd Tc Jh Qh):

SchneidyBoy checks. akshawnd checks.

River (board: Jd Tc Jh Qh Ac):

SchneidyBoy bets $2. akshawnd raises to $4.
SchneidyBoy calls.

Showdown:

akshawnd shows Jc Ad.
akshawnd has Jc Ad Jd Jh Ac: full house, jacks full of aces.
SchneidyBoy mucks cards.
(SchneidyBoy has Td Th.)

$1 is raked from a pot of $31.
akshawnd wins $30 with full house, jacks full of aces.
-------------------------------------------------

baronzeus
11-09-2005, 10:54 PM
im down 55BB in 200 hands /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Schneids
11-09-2005, 10:59 PM
One of us left the table +$10, and one of us -$25. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the one in the hole.

Ulysses
11-09-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One of us left the table +$10, and one of us -$25. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the one in the hole.

[/ QUOTE ]

Schneids won this round, no question about that.

waffle
11-09-2005, 11:39 PM
What kind of fish plays TT?

Ulysses
11-10-2005, 04:15 AM
HU match going on right now for anyone who wants to join in.

beaumont 1/2. I currently have Evan outchipped.

Sponger15SB
11-10-2005, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much is Evan stuck? Like $49,000?

Ulysses
11-10-2005, 04:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much is Evan stuck? Like $49,000?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, started $25k each, so Jake Jr. is only stuck 24990 or so.

Ulysses
11-10-2005, 04:45 AM
DeathDonkey joined the game as well.

akshawnd? winner.
DeathDonkey? winner.
Evan? busto.

Justin A
11-10-2005, 05:11 PM
mike l. and I discussed the strategy on this for like an hour and a half on the way up to LA yesterday. I'm surely an expert now.

spydog
11-10-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
mike l. and I discussed the strategy on this for like an hour and a half on the way up to LA yesterday. I'm surely an expert now.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...it's called flop a set or 2-pair, otherwise check-fold, unless you have an overpair to the board, then you can call. Oh, and don't play JT/QJ/QT/KT/KJ. TT is borderline, also. Just look what happened to Schneids. Oh, and suited connectors aren't as good as they look. Am I oversimplifying? Any DERB secrets on how to play?

jedi
11-10-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How the hell did it take you so long to discuss RHE strategy?

fnord_too
11-10-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How the hell did it take you so long to discuss RHE strategy?

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a thread in other poker when it was still play money only, and another there now.

I've played once and sponger came by to heckle me, I have so arrived!

Schneids
11-10-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...it's called flop a set or 2-pair, otherwise check-fold, unless you have an overpair to the board, then you can call. Oh, and don't play JT/QJ/QT/KT/KJ. TT is borderline, also. Just look what happened to Schneids. Oh, and suited connectors aren't as good as they look. Am I oversimplifying? Any DERB secrets on how to play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Us experts can get away with adding a few extra hands up front. Agreed TT is borderline.

kevc4
11-10-2005, 06:44 PM
anyone playing royal now

astroglide
11-10-2005, 06:48 PM
is it a 20 card deck?

kevc4
11-10-2005, 06:56 PM
yes

jman220
11-10-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who feels that 10/10 AND J/J just aren't worth playing? You're making sucker boats just too often... I'm doing just fine playing AA/KK/QQ/AK/AQ/KQ. (Up 250 BB's since Saturday, I'm obviously running hot as I've only got maybe 8k hands) .Oh, and flopping a set of aces is awesome. I love it when the turn is four cards to the straight, and I get to cap it with some donk who already made the straight knowing I pretty much can't lose.

Schneids
11-10-2005, 07:54 PM
It seems like this would be an easy game to create a bot for, or to collude with a couple other people at the table.

jman220
11-10-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems like this would be an easy game to create a bot for, or to collude with a couple other people at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this game has a very short shelf life.

Ulysses
11-10-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "has a very short shelf life" you mean "will be popular for ages" then I agree completely.

WTF, man. You make full houses left and right. How can you not love a game like that?

Sponger15SB
11-10-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "has a very short shelf life" you mean "will be popular for ages" then I agree completely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that is what he meant. GEEZE U R DUM!

Justin A
11-10-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Us experts can get away with adding a few extra hands up front. Agreed TT is borderline.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT is trash. I can't believe you haven't realized this by now.

fnord_too
11-10-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, man. You make full houses left and right. How can you not love a game like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dream of the day they spread this NL.

Sponger15SB
11-10-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You could probably win at this just by picking up top set and open pushing the flop.

fnord_too
11-10-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You could probably win at this just by picking up top set and open pushing the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's beautiful is a straight on the flop (without royal potential) is drawing dead to a chop against a flopped set.

jman220
11-10-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant that this game in its current, easily beatable state can't last very long. It seems that a bot for this would be ridiculously easy to make. Put that together with the fact that this is probably the easiest poker game to play close to perfect strategy, and I don't see these games remaining playable for any reasonable bb/100. There's a reason why online chess for money, and online backgammon for money are pretty much dead. Right now, the only live money really comes from people who dont' realize they're playing RHE, but the number of people who don't know what it is will get smaller. Plus, I've seen plenty of fish who were absolutely livid after realizing that they had just dropped $100 at a game they didin't realize they were playing RHE. Some of these people will complain. I can imagine that eventually, UB might update its software so its clearer that the RHE games are not normal holdem games. All of these factors put together will make this game a lot less fun.

Justin A
11-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Some interesting situations come up. HU I have AK, opponent has JT on AKJT board, we are exactly even money. Same goes for me AK, opponent JJ on AKQJ board.

astroglide
11-10-2005, 11:31 PM
st joseph .50/1.00

bring it

timprov
11-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Everybody hasn't moved on to playing Badugi yet?

Royal Holdem is so last week.

Justin A
11-10-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
st joseph .50/1.00

bring it

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on the waiting list.

Justin A
11-10-2005, 11:43 PM
My worst beat so far: AT beats QQ on QJT flop.

astroglide
11-10-2005, 11:43 PM
open seats

Justin A
11-10-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
open seats

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm jallred

Ulysses
11-11-2005, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant that this game in its current, easily beatable state can't last very long. It seems that a bot for this would be ridiculously easy to make. Put that together with the fact that this is probably the easiest poker game to play close to perfect strategy, and I don't see these games remaining playable for any reasonable bb/100. There's a reason why online chess for money, and online backgammon for money are pretty much dead. Right now, the only live money really comes from people who dont' realize they're playing RHE, but the number of people who don't know what it is will get smaller. Plus, I've seen plenty of fish who were absolutely livid after realizing that they had just dropped $100 at a game they didin't realize they were playing RHE. Some of these people will complain. I can imagine that eventually, UB might update its software so its clearer that the RHE games are not normal holdem games. All of these factors put together will make this game a lot less fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess my point was that there are plenty of people who think it's really fun to make lots of full houses and don't really care about losing $100.

Ulysses
11-11-2005, 05:42 AM
Who wants some? Linden. Now.

NLSoldier
11-11-2005, 05:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who wants some? Linden. Now.

[/ QUOTE ]

dammit i want in. somebody plz PM me your UB acct info so i can play. Thx in advance.

turnipmonster
11-11-2005, 12:27 PM
I am seriously considering going home sick today.

astroglide
11-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Getting Hand History Information...
----------------------------------------------------------------

Hand #9571130-679 at Oak Hill ($.50/$1 Royal Hold'em)