PDA

View Full Version : AA--- 3 handed

11-09-2005, 10:15 AM
Playing 55's and down to 3 handed with 100/200 blinds. 3 healthy stacks with pretty solid players (one slightly aggressive) and you are dealt AA UTG. What is your line? Do you slow play and call BB or do you stick in a raise?

TylerD
11-09-2005, 10:17 AM
No. Looks too suspicious (unless you do this a lot with weak hands - but I suspect your don't) + its the easy way to getting them cracked. Make you standard raise and move on.

11-09-2005, 10:17 AM
Depends upon my image. Myself I'd have a pretty LAG image at the table, so I'd make my normally 2.5BB raise, to make it look like a blind steal from the button. Best chance IMO of getting 1 caller or someone pushing back at you.

Hornacek
11-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Totally read-dependent. What will your opponents feel about your limp, and what would they think about a normal raise? If they fold to many steals, I might just limp here, knowing I might get cracked. I think it depends more on the LAGgy-ness of your opponents to shove if they think you are stealing.

junkmail3
11-09-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No. Looks too suspicious (unless you do this a lot with weak hands - but I suspect your don't). Make you standard raise and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Often when in this situation, if someone who has been typically aggressive, or has not done anything out of the ordinary min raises or limps UTG, I'll not get too aggressive, even with better hands, due to the enourmous suspicion.

Then, when they do have Aces, and show (because they have Aces ITM and, well - that's just a great hand, and well all need to know how tricky of a player they can be) I take a note that says "will slowplay monsters preflop". Then I never see that player again, and my note is worthless.

So, just push if the blinds are high enough or 3xraise.

If you're pushing once/orbit or something along those lines, they'll start to get tired and try to defend. So, getting a huge hand is perfect to keep pushing with.

11-09-2005, 01:01 PM
You have to raise with the AA because it is the best hand and you want people to call you to get there chips.

11-09-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're pushing once/orbit or something along those lines, they'll start to get tired and try to defend. So, getting a huge hand is perfect to keep pushing with.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. And great right up to the point where their T7s flops trips vs your KK. /images/graemlins/mad.gif