PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 Deep with KK line check

fuzzbox
11-09-2005, 10:04 AM
5/10 6-max

Villain 1 is short and unremarkable.
Villain 2 has been eating me for breakfast. He is real aggro preflop and pretty aggro postflop and almost certainly is never folding top pair Vs me, due to him catching me bluffing about 1 million times. I have played back at him several times, and he has never folded to a reraise, and I have never hit a flop in such cases, and have given up or bluffed Vs his made hand a whole bunch. He is real loose preflop, but he normally makes a smallish raise preflop, and then if he has an ok hand he bets kinda half-pot and then proceeds to check/call inducing bluffs (with TP type hands regardless of kicker). If he has a real hand then he tends to try to push it real hard postflop on multiple streets.

Hero has 2.7k is UTG+2 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Villain is UTG and covers
Shorty is UTG+3 with 300

Preflop
Villain opens to 50 ... this is bigger than normal, and out of character. It must mean a biggish pair of some sort. Hero smooth calls. Shorty pushes for 300 total, villain smooth calls .... now, I almost pushed here figuring to take shorty on for a 900 pot with a hand that figured to be good, but I didnt - should I push here? Hero calls

Flop (900 or so)
Q/images/graemlins/spade.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif
Just about the worst possible flop. So much for my nicely laid trap. Villain bets 400, and I beligerently call (who folds here?).

Turn (1700)
7/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villain bets 1200, hero folds.

So, should I push pre flop ... and should I fold the flop given that I didnt ?

thabadguy
11-09-2005, 12:42 PM
You said he has a biggish pair from his raise pf.
Is TT considered a "biggish pair"?
If thats your read..that he has AA-JJ...muck flop.
I would reraise PF.
You also said hes caught u bluffing a buncha time, so i wouldnt try to represent the flush...
It is def -ev trying to get villain to fold set or AA on this board.

ladykiller
11-09-2005, 02:02 PM
If he always calls your reraises, then repop it to about 1k preflop or just push(I like pushing better). But given the flop, that suxs man since you're beat or gettting called by almost anything.

creedofhubris
11-09-2005, 05:46 PM
I think the stacks are too big for a preflop push from you, since he will only call with aces.

300->2700 is quite a big jump.

But yeah, I like making it, say, 900 preflop and you can consider folding if he moves in.

fuzzbox
11-10-2005, 05:39 AM
I had pushed the slider all the way to "all-in" when it got round to me the 2nd time, but then I thought that he would only call with Aces, but that he would probably pay me off on a crappy flop, as he wasnt believing me much.

However, the flop was crappy, but crappy for me.

Shorty had AA, villain had JJ and I think I wasted 400 on the flop, that I could/and should have folded.

Making it 900 preflop as hubris said, is the same as pushing, I feel, because its all going in on the flop if he calls me.