PDA

View Full Version : 4 handed trash again.

The Truth
11-09-2005, 03:07 AM
I got As9h in BB.

Tagish guy open raises from button. sb folds. I call.

flop: 3s 8c 2c
I check, button bets, I raise, button calls.

Turn: 4s
I bet, he raises, I muck.

what are some better lines? too standard?

blake

New001
11-09-2005, 03:12 AM
I'd much rather 3-bet preflop. As it is, I think you should call the turn. He could be raising an Ace for a free showdown, and you usually have 3 outs for a win/4 to a chop against a better Ace, or 7/10 outs against pairs that don't have you reverse dominated. He also could be semibluffing either flush draw. Thoughts?

jt1
11-09-2005, 03:15 AM
I'd call the turn. I may check call on the turn and call a river UI. You have nearly 10 outs here and Ace high; this is good enough equity to SD, especially without any reads.

This is a good opportunity for me to get somebody to show me why you should only call in the bb when defending the blinds. Because here, I'd 3 bet pre-flop and lead on the flop. If he calls, I'll check fold the turn UI and if he raises I'll usually muck.

The Truth
11-09-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd call the turn. I may check call on the turn and call a river UI. You have nearly 10 outs here and Ace high; this is good enough equity to SD, especially without any reads.

This is a good opportunity for me to get somebody to show me why you should only call in the bb when defending the blinds. Because here, I'd 3 bet pre-flop and lead on the flop. If he calls, I'll check fold the turn UI and if he raises I'll usually muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 betting preflop is standard. I play SH with this guy often, and decided to go with the call preflop and c/r any flop line against him this time. Just a variant, same number of bets either way.

In the hand, I actually called the turn. River was an A, and I was reverse dominated and lost 2 bets /images/graemlins/frown.gif

wondering if anybody could advocate a muck. meh

thanks for responses
blake