PDA

View Full Version : Hand I watched

The Truth
11-09-2005, 03:04 AM
Good playing 2+2er is hero.

4 handed. 20-40.

folded to hero on button. Hero has Ks3s.

hero raises. sb folds, bb calls.

Flop: 8c 2d 4h

bb checks, hero bets, bb raises, hero calls.

what ya think so far?

blake

jt1
11-09-2005, 03:07 AM
Hero raises after either a gutshot turns or pairing?

imported_ncray
11-09-2005, 03:22 AM
I like to check behind versus a BB who aggressively defends his blinds. Button's range is not likely to have hit the flop. Knowing this, I'd say BB often c/r this every time. I think a bet/call isn't bad either, since BB could easily have a hand like JT.

The Truth
11-09-2005, 03:25 AM
I think he botched it bad. It is a clear fold when you are c/r with this hand on this board.

He has to pray for some garbage raise, which isn't all that likely. BB wasn't a maniac by any means; BB actually plays pretty good tagish. Not quite as good a the button, but still a strong player.

You guys really think callin the flop raise is a good idea; without some kind of monster read or something?

blake

jt1
11-09-2005, 03:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys really think callin the flop raise is a good idea; without some kind of monster read or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

You never gave us a read so I guessed your hero had one, but no, I don't think it's a good idea. But, having said that, it isn't terrible. A turn raise will often take the hand, just not often enough to do it without 2 overs and a b/d draw.

imported_ncray
11-09-2005, 03:32 AM
If I was BB, I would tell hero to call that every time. I BB defend pretty liberally (inspired by that peter_rus post), and I would pretty much c/r this flop every time (with any 2) as BB and lead any turn, folding to a raise.

Versus a more passive BB, then I fold the flop to the raise every time. If he's a tag and has shown trickiness, I like a call.

baronzeus
11-09-2005, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and I would pretty much c/r this flop every time (with any 2) as BB and lead any turn, folding to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a really bad board to c/r with any 2

The Truth
11-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Also, if he has a pair, you are drawing to 3 outs. You dont even have 2 overs.

I think consistently c/ring flops like this can get ya punished. I think you'll be pouring bets into a pot drawing nearly dead OOP too often.

blake