PDA

View Full Version : Can I play AQo?

Shillx
11-09-2005, 03:02 AM
Okay I just got back from Vegas so I'll post one of the ~60 hands I played for the weekend. I would rather post about how expensive drinks were at the nightclub Lure, but that might look too reasonable. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Gerber baby is drunk on a Thursday night and is not paying much attention as he would rather be elsewhere. There are probably 30 2+2ers in the room and somehow none are at my table. The dude on my right is min-buying everytime (has done it 3 or 4 times) and always gets all-in with terrible hands. For some reason he bought in for $100 this time (call him ATM since he keeps going back). Dunno why but he seems to be plenty aggressive though I don't know how he plays a larger stack.

Wynn Las Vegas 4/8 (Full Game)

Hero finds A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG limps, ATM pops on my right and I coldcall along with the button.

Flop (4 for 9 SB) - 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checks around

Turn (4 for 4.5 BB) - Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Check, ATM bets, I call and both others call.

River (4 for 8 BB) - J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Check, ATM bets and I call...

How did I do?

istewart
11-09-2005, 03:08 AM
A few questions.

1. Re: ATM's flop check/turn bet. Range of hands for him, in your opinion?

2. Let's say ATM raises UTG and someone cold-calls in between preflop. Flop checked around, ATM donks turn, guy calls in between... are you raising here?

adsman
11-09-2005, 03:22 AM
Do you want overcalls on the river?

siccjay
11-09-2005, 03:35 AM
I would probably 3bet to try and isolate and then be pissed that the isolation play didn't work.

thirddan
11-09-2005, 03:37 AM
seems like an easy 3bet preflop...

also, bet the flop...

cold_cash
11-09-2005, 03:39 AM
I must be missing something. (Which is, of course, not unusual.)

I don't know why you cold-called.

I don't know why you didn't raise the turn.

NobodysFreak
11-09-2005, 03:43 AM
I'd raise behind him to force everyone behind me to make it 3-bets cold (except the BB).

The check on the flop seems decent (I don't think I'd check here 100% of the time), but when a non-club (especially one that pairs my hand) on the turn hits, I'd bet when its checked to me.

I would bet the turn when its checked to me and if raised by ATM, I'd be more inclinded to call his bet on the turn if the turn card was't a club.

The river call seems good seeing as it doesn't fit in with the board, but then again its 3 am and I'm drunk...

istewart
11-09-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I must be missing something. (Which is, of course, not unusual.)

I don't know why you cold-called.

I don't know why you didn't raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't explain the cold-call but Shillxpreflop is Shillxpreflop. Take of that what you will /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

On the turn I think he doesn't mind if UTG draws dead (which he is a lot of the time, I'd imagine) for a bet, rather than face him with two cold. The issue here is I think he's ahead of CO so often that I'm not sure it balances out...

einbert
11-09-2005, 04:31 AM
This is a joke right?

Let's put it this way, if I had played your hand I would have won a lot more or lost a lot more.

11-09-2005, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a joke right?

Let's put it this way, if I had played your hand I would have won a lot more or lost a lot more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you would have won a lot more.

You may have won sooner.

3bet PF
bet the flop
rest is good.

McGahee
11-09-2005, 10:40 AM
PF - whatever.
I'd definitely find a raise on the turn though. By the sounds of this guy I doubt he's bet/folding all that often.

Paxosmotic
11-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Did they have a house rule against aggression on Thursday night? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Buckmulligan
11-09-2005, 07:54 PM
nice post.

I really think we should find a raise on the turn. Our hand has to be good over AIM's and the overcards are kind of useless as the players behind us are pretty likely folding anyway.

Duerig
11-09-2005, 08:03 PM
I would have 3 bet pf. I don't understand why you didn't raise the turn or bet the flop, unless you have a strong read that this guy likes to slowplay monsters.

11-09-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did they have a house rule against aggression on Thursday night? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

this is funny /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

edit: and I would have raised the turn.

is it like weird to get in there and not 3-table, and wait like 5 minutes between hands, whilst wondering about your own tells?

ajm36
11-10-2005, 03:50 AM
First off, I can tell you guys are way better than me from your posts. I three bet PF. I bet the flop (Q high flush draw? and two over cards). I don't understand why you didn't C/R the turn. I probably would have just bet out on the turn. What am I missing?

cockandbull
11-10-2005, 05:13 AM
i would three bet preflop, bet the flop, raise the turn and raise the river.

Shillx
11-10-2005, 06:32 AM
Here are my thoughts as an NL player:

1) I didn't explain the OP as well as I could have.
2) This hand is totally pointless and the theory is what is important here.
3) I don't really care about anything but the turn play here.

Now to explain...

1a) I don't care about the preflop coldcall. Is 3-betting better here? Yeah probably but the way I play live is different then most of you are used to. I'm sorry that I didn't explain earier.

1b) The flop play is really beyond the scope of this post. It is very complex and probably figures to be thin either way.

2) When the ATM checks the flop, this is what I'm thinking he has (in order)...

a) Unpaired cards with no flush draw
b) Overpair and no flush draw
c) Flush
d) Overs with a flush draw
e) Overpair and a flush draw

His range of hands probably includes hands likes 98s and JTs though I have no idea. I'm also assuming that he is capable of playing any good hand slow on the flop.

3) On the turn I have to worry that I'm either drawing dead or getting freerolled. I also have to consider the two others in the pot. Given the action here, why should I be inclined to raise the turn? Stuff to consider...

a) How often are the both DRAWING DEAD and will call one bet but will fold for 2 bets - I say quite often. If they flopped a pair and have 4 outs then good for them. Any thing else (Kx, Qx or a PP) have just one or two outs against me in this smallish pot. They are making a mistake if they do decide to call with something like 75 /images/graemlins/spade.gif so even then I don't care if they peel. I don't want any of these hands to go away here. Also, middle clubs will probably call a bet on the turn (drawing dead) but fold for two. Do I really want to get rid of a hand like 98 with a club???

b) How often am I drawing, drawing dead or getting freerolled - A decent % of the time.

c) How often will they fold something that I want to when I raise? - Never. Why do I wan't to drive J /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif out of this pot when he is drawing dead? If they do have the A or K of /images/graemlins/club.gif they are not going to fold, but it is questionable that a raise gets value since I will be behind to a flush or AA/KK a good % of the time. It is also possible that the PFR will 3-bet a hand that I'm drawing live against so it isn't like I can just muck to a 3-bet here.

I was considering a raise on the river here but decided against it when I consided the fact that I might be behind + the river jack could have improved him.

Brad

Shillx
11-10-2005, 06:45 AM
En blanco

<font color="white">Both others folded, he showed KQ of diamonds and MHIG </font>