PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Tournament hand to Analyze..

Smaegol
06-20-2003, 03:26 AM
Hey everyone, Just got done with a tourney and I have a question on a hand, its the only one I could have played different that would have made a big difference. Its was a NLHE Tourney, everyone starts out with $800 in Chips. Blinds start at 15/30 and double up every 10 hands. Its 3 hands into the tourney and Im on the button with 99. UTG+1 Raises and makes it $80 to go, and there are 2 callers before me. I mucked it, and the Flop came 9 6 2 rainbow. Guy to my left went all in and no one called. I was real bummed. Was it a good laydown?

It wound up working out, I got AA in the middle rounds and Went all in and got 3 callers, and busted them all out and had a Nice chip lead and the rest was history. So it worked out anyways, but If I had made that score.. it would have been a total blowout..

ohkanada
06-20-2003, 09:26 AM
If your stack was larger then this is a no-brainer call. With blinds of 15-30 and starting stacks of 800, there is not that much play.

The general rule many follow is calling a raise with a small pair is fine if it doesn't take more than 10% of your stack assuming your opponent has enough chips to make it worth your while if you hit a set.

With 2 other callers I would call with 99 on the button. Without any callers and based on this blind/chip structure I likely just muck.

Ken Poklitar