PDA

View Full Version : bleep

AceofSpades
11-09-2005, 12:45 AM
I'm been slowly losing money, at poker lately. I have been trying to tighten some leaks in my game, but just in general have been running really badly. I'm in college and don't really have time for a job, so poker and a small amount from an investment house rental per month have been my sole means of income. I had stopped playing cash games, and just been playing tournaments which are very high variance. So I have been trying to get back into cash games, and recently turned back to my former bread and butter 7 card stud pl. Now I just lost a major part of my bankroll playing it. And it wasn't even through bad play but just bad luck like running my flushes into well hidden full houses, and opponent's outdrawing me.

So what do you do if it seems like no matter what you do you can't win? Should I take a break or start playing something really easy, any recommendations on games?

grieve with me.

11-09-2005, 12:47 AM
i feel your pain. Im taking a poker hiatus but am reading ssh and grunching here. When Im ready I will play again.

Aaron_
11-09-2005, 01:11 AM
I'll symathize.

I've been playing poker for about a year, and just got back into small stakes limit cash games. While I consistently won playing NL tourneys, I just can't seem to get ahead and stay ahead at limit holdem. If I feel myself getting frustrated enough to affect my play, I'll sit it out for a few days until I feel I've come out of "tilt mode". In the meantime, I'm analyzing my game, participating in these forums, and studying SSHE.

I can imagine, though, that it's a lot harder when you rely on poker for income.

"It's a hard way to make an easy living" -Every player who's ever tried to play poker for money

hellite
11-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Bankroll. Don't play in games that: (1) you aren't a favorite to win and (2)you do not have the bankroll to deal with the variance.

smoore
11-10-2005, 02:44 AM
You have a rental property and no job. Should have left that juicy detail out, trustafarian. Honestly though, I don't really f'in care about your "problems". Get a job.