PDA

View Full Version : PS 2 , X-BOX or...

03-25-2002, 09:20 PM
GameCube?

03-25-2002, 11:50 PM
1.PS2- This system has the best games.

2.Gamecube- This system has a lousy variety of games but future titles will put this right in step with PS2.

3.XBox- Oh pleez, a bunch of American games put out by Microsoft, I would rather have a N64.

Anyway I have the first two systems and will not buy an x-box. American produced games are just typically inferior to Japanese games for many reasons and I'm sure that there will be very few Japanese games on the x-box. Of course ther are a few exceptions, but the most notable one is on PS2 (Grand Theft Auto 3 is an absolutely awesome game, produced by an american company). Anyway stick with japan they know how to make fun and good games.

Kris

03-26-2002, 02:23 AM
well, i have played x-box and PS2 and would add this. if you have the $$ to spend, x-box is worth it simply for HALO and Oddworld:Munch's Oddysee. really great games, and only available for the x-box as far as i know. im not much of a gamer, but those 2 are really freakin cool. (i was a fan of the oddworld series before, though, so this probably makes me bias)

as far as PS2, i don't get into sports games, so i can't comment on that. but PS2 has TekkenTagTournament which is the best fighting game i've ever played (xbox's 'Dead or Alive' series doesn't even come close...). also, Smuggler's Run is one of the coolest games ive ever played, id buy a PS2 just for that game if i had the $$.

03-26-2002, 02:46 AM
I should probably point out that I'm not much of a gamer either (I play less then 10 hours a week) so my opinion isn't thourough, but I still hold to my bias towards Japanese games being FAR better on average then so much of the crap that american companies put out. In fact I think I'd rather have a Dreamcast then an x-box. Dreamcast was a good system, it's too bad it died.

Kris

03-26-2002, 02:59 PM
I have not played p2 but one friend has Gamecube and the other X-Box. I find the Gamecube to feel a little cheap in comparison. Some of the GC games have been downright awful too, looking like remakes of bad late 80s games. The hockey is very good though.

I think HALO is the best video game I have ever played and try to get my fix on a weekly basis. The Gotham racing for X-Box is also killer. There is a front page article in today's Wall Street Journal today about Microsoft's attempts to lure the Japanese game makers for X-Box. Might be a good counterpoint to Goat's comments, which seem right on.

KJS