PDA

View Full Version : Reasons to 3-bet w/ 2nd pair?

Schizo
11-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero raises, MP calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)
BB checks, Hero bets, MP raises, BB calls, Hero .....

I know I'm calling, but what are the arguements for 3-betting here?

mperich
11-08-2005, 11:35 PM
There are none? out of position anyways...

-Mike

Schizo
11-08-2005, 11:37 PM
guh....

I'm pretty confident this is incorrect.

mperich
11-08-2005, 11:41 PM
I dont understand what your trying to accomplish with a 3bet here. Theres no way you have enough equity in this pot for it to be for value. Youre not folding a better hand. Your not folding hands with outs against you. Youre not getting to showdown cheaper or buying a free card. If you didnt have the Qd I would probably fold it right on the flop...without reads of course.

-Mike

admiralfluff
11-09-2005, 12:01 AM
the only argument that could be made in this situation would be that your flop 3-bet will make MP fold a weak K on the turn. This will occur with a disappointingly small frequency.

Schizo
11-09-2005, 10:26 AM
I agree about the small frequency. Still I've seen high end pro's make moves like this so I'm trying to figure out why.

@bsolute_luck
11-09-2005, 10:38 AM
you would 3-bet because MP could be trying to iso you with a weaker hand or push you off with an aggressive A5 or A-high draw plus BB is probably on a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif draw and is dead money.

that's a possible argument anyways /images/graemlins/smirk.gif