PDA

View Full Version : Sitting out on blinds in exchange for a late-position blind

brianmarc
11-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Playing online it is possible to sit out every time you are SB and BB, and then to reenter game one behind the button, paying both SB and BB for that hand. I'm trying to figure out the possible benefit of never having to play the first two positions in exchange for the extra-expensive blind from a late position and playing 1 less hand per orbit.

For a really tight player like myself (VPIP about 10%) this seems like it might be a good idea. I'm interetsed in hearing thoughts about the general benefit of this, and what hands you would cold call and raise with from the expensive late position.

Kyo Souma II
11-08-2005, 11:50 PM
ok im dumb, but where can you do this?

Also, you miss more than one hand per orbit. You miss a blind and the button, at least.

greg nice
11-08-2005, 11:55 PM
the problem is you never get to truly play on the button

shant
11-09-2005, 12:03 AM
Or you could try to learn how to play better postflop and increase your playable hand range.

11-09-2005, 03:49 AM
My advice to you-
Learn to play, and play more hands.

zephed
11-09-2005, 04:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Playing online it is possible to sit out every time you are SB and BB, and then to reenter game one behind the button, paying both SB and BB for that hand. I'm trying to figure out the possible benefit of never having to play the first two positions in exchange for the extra-expensive blind from a late position and playing 1 less hand per orbit.

For a really tight player like myself (VPIP about 10%) this seems like it might be a good idea. I'm interetsed in hearing thoughts about the general benefit of this, and what hands you would cold call and raise with from the expensive late position.

[/ QUOTE ]
You pay the same amount for 3 less hands, now why would you want to do that?

Pog0
11-09-2005, 05:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You pay the same amount for 3 less hands, now why would you want to do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

You would want to do this if your (post on CO WR - normal CO WR) > Button WR + BB WR + SB WR.

Common sense tells me there's no way this can happen. By doing this, you forfeit your button winrate, and turn CO into a losing position, you're then essentially only left with MP, and you're paying more per hand than you would had you just played normally.

Since you only play 10% of your hands, wouldn't you want to see more hands for a larger chance of getting all those important AA, KK, QQ hands?