PDA

View Full Version : This is pretty standard, right?

MichaelOar
11-08-2005, 11:22 PM
Loose UTG raises, I reraise in MP with AsKc. Very loose guy behind me calls 3 cold. BB calls. UTG calls.

Flop is: 9h 7h 3d

Checked to me. I bet. All call.

Turn is: 2s

Checked to me. I check . . . checked around.

River is Ts

Checked to me. I check. Button bets and UTG calls . . . I muck . . .

Michael

Brom
11-09-2005, 02:01 AM
I favour a turn bet with the potential heart draw out there. Your hand stands a good chance to be best at the moment, and you need to charge any worse hand that wants to continue.

On the river I'd call if it was heads-up probably. It depends on who bet and what their river betting standards are. Since there was already an overcall after a player who called 3 cold bet out, I'm thinking at least someone has a pair (pocket or other), and I'd fold too.

Soh
11-09-2005, 07:18 AM
I think you should bet the turn.
The chance that everyone folds, not get raised and hit A or K and win, or not hit anything and still win isn't that high, but it's still worth it since the pot is reasonably big.

Soh

psyduck
11-09-2005, 07:22 AM
bet turn

11-09-2005, 08:51 AM
I play it the same way, nh.

Fianchetto
11-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Looks pretty good to me.

You've missed completely against 3 opponents and the board is somewhat coordinated, so I don't see any reason keep betting here.

You definitely can't overcall the river, I think the interesting streets are flop and turn. I might even consider checking the flop. With 3 opponents it's close, with 4 I think checking that flop is probably right, against 2 players I definitely bet.