PDA

View Full Version : New to muli-table tournaments

11-08-2005, 10:51 PM
I don't believe that I've posted on this forum before, but I do have some questions. Fist of all, should I even try to play the 10+1 party tourny that they run I think two times a night? I've played it about ten times before, but also get knocked out early. Tonight I got knocked out by 27s when he called from mp and flopped a set against my flush draw w/ top pair. I'm used to this stuff being a stt long term winner at the 10+1 and 20+2. If I play a higher buyin multi am I going to see this kind of donk stuff? I guess I wouldn't mind this if my AK wasn't busted by an AQ on the last 10+1 I played.

McMelchior
11-08-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got knocked out by 27s when he called from mp and flopped a set against my flush draw w/ top pair [...] If I play a higher buyin multi am I going to see this kind of donk stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds to me like you got your chips in as a sligth under-dog in on a paired flop, refusing to believe your opponent flopped low trips?

Been there, done that. So many times. It's painful. But you need to learn to deal with it. No matter how many dollars you buy in for, your opponents are going to call PF with "creative" hands, and as long as you're willing to pay them off when they hit the flop big time, they're right to do so.

If your bank roll can handle playing $10 buy-ins (meaning you have at least $500 to invest in MTT), I don't see why you shouldn't play them. If not, aim lower.

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)

11-09-2005, 12:23 AM
I haven't really looked at it as investing into mulit-table tournaments as I play them every now and then. I have the bankroll to play higher, but I've rather use that for the downswings at STT's. I guess STT's and MTT's are two totally different beasts. I guess I'll keep playing and see what works like everything else. I appreciate the response though.