PDA

View Full Version : $11 Flopped a weak flush

KneeCo
11-08-2005, 10:44 PM
Very early in 11$.
No reads on the Button or the SB. MP1 is loose, has limped into every pot that has been raised before him. I would assume he would raise the flop with a strong /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

MP2 (t455)
CO (t1675)
Button (t815)
SB (t690)
Hero (t800)
UTG (t800)
UTG+1 (t785)
MP1 (t1980)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls t15, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls t15, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t57.50) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t40</font>, Hero ???

I am going to raise here. Do a lot of players just call here and hope to get a raise from the loose player behind them? I would consider that line if there was a A or even a paint card on the board, but since it's T high, I think I have to raise right now.
Not entirely sure how to handle this situation to be honest.

11-08-2005, 11:59 PM
I'd play this fast, because another heart is a disaster.

Just raise it.

Wes ManTooth
11-09-2005, 12:04 AM
before you consider raising or calling, what type of hand would you put SB on? do you have any reads on both the SB or the Button? what would you do if you raise, someone calls and a higher heart hits on the turn?

KneeCo
11-09-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
before you consider raising or calling, what type of hand would you put SB on? do you have any reads on both the SB or the Button? what would you do if you raise, someone calls and a higher heart hits on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, no reads on either. This is a very early hand, and if I remember correctly neither of those two players has yet gone to showdown. I agree that deciphering the SB's bet is paramount in deciding a proper line as it's a curious flop to lead into for that amount, but I'm not sure what it means, that was one of the interesting aspects of the hand IMO.

11-09-2005, 12:40 AM
I'd bet enough to try to scare everyone off the pot. If someone calls and a heart (not the 4!) comes, I'll fold to turn or river bets.