PDA

View Full Version : for 2d

03-25-2002, 05:06 PM
Matt -

I went down to Mavericks on Sunday just because it was good day to be at the ocean. You will not have any fun in a float tube on account of the wind. If you're interested we could hook up and rent a row boat. I'll offer the following deal. you pay for rental and man the oars. I'll bring beer and advice on the flies you didn't bring but should have. How's that sound?

03-25-2002, 06:53 PM
sounds like you're an 80 year old vegas regular from a 1-4-8-8 game, and I'm a tourist from French Lick Indiana.

03-25-2002, 07:11 PM
was it really that windy? hopefully it'll blow over by this weekend. maybe I'll bring the spinning gear also if I go. maybe I'll screw around with the fat perch around China camp or berkeley pier. I hate wind. I don't need an earring that looks like a clouser.

03-25-2002, 08:26 PM
It wasn't super windy. You would pretty much only be able to cast in one direction but that's not a problem in this case. The biggest problem I saw was that you would constantly be blown in to shore. I think you would spend more time flippering against the wind than casting. I think the bay is better suited for redneck style fishing. trolling with spin gear, beer and a small electric motor. It's pretty fun. I used catch gobs of lake trout using the above method. The only major hazard is trying not to fall in when you stand up to pee after beer #13. /images/smile.gif

03-26-2002, 05:03 AM
13 beers is a good way to get that clouser earring I was talking about. which side of the Jetty were you on? North or south? I think the North side is a little more protected. Another Idea I had was to go upwind and troll with a full sink using the wind as my trolling motor.

maybe I'll just play golf if it's windy. I always need an excuse for my poor play, and wind is a good one.

03-26-2002, 05:44 PM
"Another Idea I had was to go upwind and troll with a full sink using the wind as my trolling motor."

that sounds like a decent plan.

I was on the north side of the jetty.

03-26-2002, 06:47 PM
That's usually the calmer side. the south side is more open and unprotected.