PDA

View Full Version : If You Had A Sickness

toss
11-08-2005, 05:00 PM
A sickness or a disease where you lose complete bodily control (not being able to move any part of your body whatsoever, not being able to talk, not being able to control your vision, anything!) would you choose to continue living or dying? You can steal hear and see (if someone pulls up your eyelids), but you have no means of communicating to anyone. Life or death?

Warik
11-08-2005, 05:02 PM
Death and it's not even close.

Can you see why?

4_2_it
11-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Death and it's not even close. You would probably go insane within a year anyway.

TheWorstPlayer
How can you steal? Do you mean intellectual property?

swede123
Death, easily. In fact, I think I'd choose death in a number of cases where most of my motor skills were gone.

Swede

TheMainEvent
11-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Remember the old Metallica video, "One"?

"It's Morse code..."
"What's he saying?"
"Kill me...over and over again...Kill me"

toss
11-08-2005, 05:06 PM
To those who voted life can you reason why? I can understand if you have a devoted individual or a number of individuals who would still talk to you and keep you company everyday.

I'm not sure, but I do think a rare disease like this actually exists. Google is coming up short though.

Warik
11-08-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That video was teh pwn.

Especially at the end where the nurse starts holding the pillow over his face and you can hear him thinking "thank you!!!" and then the stupid doctors come in and stop her.

That video was teh pwn.

oh wait... I said that already.

Warik
11-08-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can understand if you have a devoted individual or a number of individuals who would still talk to you and keep you company everyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't understand. Why put these people through that? The fact that I know my mom would want to be at my bedside every day until the day I died would be exactly why I'd make that day come as soon as possible.

asofel
11-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Cake?..........................or DEATH!?

mason55
11-08-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

"It's Morse code..."
"What's he saying?"

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that this was based off Johnny Got His Gun?

TheMainEvent
11-08-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"It's Morse code..."
"What's he saying?"

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I knew the clips had to be coming from somewhere but I didn't really think much about it. Good movie?

mason55
11-08-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"It's Morse code..."
"What's he saying?"

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I knew the clips had to be coming from somewhere but I didn't really think much about it. Good movie?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was originally a book, written in 1939. Excellent book. I've only seen parts of the movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Got_His_Gun

[ QUOTE ]

Johnny Got His Gun tells the story of Joe Bonham, an American World War I infantryman who was horribly maimed in combat. Bonham survives an explosion, but lost not only his arms and legs but his ears, eyes, nose, and mouth, making him immobile, deaf, blind, and mute. Bonham does not initially comprehend the full nature of his situation, but, after realizing his condition, learns to communicate with others by tapping his head against his pillow using Morse Code. Bonham's wish to be taken on tour as an anti-war display is denied by his military superiors

[/ QUOTE ]

11-08-2005, 08:59 PM
The best part of poker is, if I get into a severe accident or illness befades me where I lose most of my physical capabilities, I can just play poker all day.

And death was my answer unless there would be a relatively foreseeable cure available to those super rich.

jesusarenque
11-08-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
] You can steal hear and see

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it is probably the right thing to do, but I would probably go ahead and steal somebody's hear and see. I choose to live.

11-08-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that I know my mom would want to be at my bedside every day until the day I died would be exactly why I'd make that day come as soon as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is prob one of the reasons why i really cant make my mind up on this one.......

RustedCorpse
11-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Can I just say that I'm glad I have all my bodily functions, because netflix™ Gives me wood.

And I choose death in an instant.

yellowjack
11-08-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A sickness or a disease where you lose complete bodily control (not being able to move any part of your body whatsoever, not being able to talk, not being able to control your vision, anything!) would you choose to continue living or dying? You can steal hear and see (if someone pulls up your eyelids), but you have no means of communicating to anyone. Life or death?

[/ QUOTE ]

From the looks of your avatar I'm guessing you picked life.

toss
11-08-2005, 11:05 PM
Now how'd you come to that conclusion? Actually I picked death. That kind of life would be too empty for me.

And I can't belive I spelt still wrong.

Rick Nebiolo
11-08-2005, 11:13 PM
All of this is a good reason to prepare a living will or an advanced health care directive. (http://www.abanet.org/aging/toolkit/home.html)

~ Rick

yellowjack
11-08-2005, 11:37 PM
It's an observer. All it can do is detect cloaked units and get shot down by over half of the units in starcraft.

toss
11-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Yay someone else that plays Starcraft. The avatar has nothing to do with the poll though. Just coincidence.

eviljeff
11-09-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao, you are awesome dude.

TheWorstPlayer
11-09-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao, you are awesome dude.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks! /images/graemlins/grin.gif