PDA

View Full Version : Super Monday Passive AA hand

SGS
11-08-2005, 04:20 PM
I have AA in MP of the first level of the super. There is one loose limper and I make it 60 to go. There is an LP cold caller, the BB takes several moments and then calls and the limper calls. I have ~850 at the beginnning of this hand.

FLOP 10,10,2 rainbow

Checked to me, I check, and LP checks.

TURN 3

BB bets out 125, fold, I call, LP folds.

River brick

BB bets out 200 and I call.

Here are my thoughts on the hand. On the flop I am either way ahead or way behind and the most outs anyone could have on me is 2, however it would be fairly easy for them to make a pair and make a 2nd best hand so I check. I think a check also allows me to lose the least when I am beaten by three tens.

Turn is a brick so I figure the same scenario, I am either way ahead of BB or way behind and if there is a raise by LP I will be able to get away from the hand.

River the BB fires out again, kind of a small amount I am pretty sure I am ahead, but I really can't think of a hand worse hand that will call me if I raise. So I decide to just call. Thoughts on my thinking, the way the hand was played out?

SGS

schwza
11-08-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have AA in MP of the first level of the super. There is one loose limper and I make it 60 to go. There is an LP cold caller, the BB takes several moments and then calls and the limper calls. I have ~850 at the beginnning of this hand.

FLOP 10,10,2 rainbow

Checked to me, I check, and LP checks.

TURN 3

BB bets out 125, fold, I call, LP folds.

River brick

BB bets out 200 and I call.

Here are my thoughts on the hand. On the flop I am either way ahead or way behind and the most outs anyone could have on me is 2, however it would be fairly easy for them to make a pair and make a 2nd best hand so I check. I think a check also allows me to lose the least when I am beaten by three tens.

Turn is a brick so I figure the same scenario, I am either way ahead of BB or way behind and if there is a raise by LP I will be able to get away from the hand.

River the BB fires out again, kind of a small amount I am pretty sure I am ahead, but I really can't think of a hand worse hand that will call me if I raise. So I decide to just call. Thoughts on my thinking, the way the hand was played out?

SGS

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd play it the same, with a dramatic pause before the turn on whether i should call with my "AK."

billyjex
11-08-2005, 05:01 PM
This is well played IMO.

11-08-2005, 05:08 PM
I think you played it perfect ... albeit standard.

BB checking the flop and betting the turn for t125 seems really peculiar. That 3 didnt help him most likley, I wouldnt put him on betting a draw either. Therefore, he either is bluffing (way ahead) or has a T. (way behind) Just calling the turn and river is the best choice then.