PDA

View Full Version : TO's Press Conference

Phoenix1010
11-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Sorry, the TO bashing thread was crap, and this is a separate topic I think.

Did anyone see this press conference. TO trying to read the apology that his agent obviously wrote for him was high comedy. "I just want to play foobow."

Drew Rosenhaus earned every dime of his paycheck. That was an Arli$$ level advocacy job.

Soul Daddy
11-08-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Drew Rosenhaus earned every dime of his paycheck.

[/ QUOTE ]
What paycheck? Seriously, the guy is a snake. T.O. is clearly insane and beyond reproach, but Rosenhaus pushing his buttons just so he could get paid is what started this whole mess.

holeplug
11-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Why didn't he just read that apology on friday? His agent should never have talked. My god what a retard.

Patrick del Poker Grande
11-08-2005, 04:30 PM
These two did themselves about as much good with this press conference as Mark McGwire did testifying in front of Congress.

benfranklin
11-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Didn't see or hear anything about the press conference yet. That agent should be fired for letting TO even think about a renegotiation this year. And for not putting his foot down TO's throat everytime he opens his big mouth.

If TO played well (and quietly) this year, he would have been in great shape for a renegotiation after he got his $5 million roster bonus in March.

A commentator on ESPN this morning said that the general word around the NFL is that T.O. will play for someone next year, but strictly on a one-year basis until he proves himself. No team is going to be willing to put out any big bucks or long term contracts after 2 teams have dumped him for having an ego bigger than his talent.

That agent cost himself millions over the next few years by being short-term greedy and/or stupid.

billyjex
11-08-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't he just read that apology on friday? His agent should never have talked. My god what a retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Rosenhaus has the credibility of a used car salesman

Sponger15SB
11-08-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is an insult to used car salesman everywhere.

TheRover
11-08-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is an insult to used car salesman everywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.spudart.org/blog/images/2005/bud_selig_argyle_sweater.jpg

11-08-2005, 08:07 PM
TO and Rosenhaus deserve each other. TO sounded like a fifth-grader being called on in class by his teacher to read a passage he had never seen before. I detected absolutely no remorse in TO's reading of the statement. It was also very telling that Rosenhaus did not allow TO to field questions by the press. I'd sure hate to be the one advocating for TO in his hearing.

Boris
11-08-2005, 08:28 PM
The more interesting question is how can the Eagles allow Hugh Douglas to retain his "Badassador" title after getting his butt kicked by T.O. That's just shameful for a former D-lineman to get owned by a wide receiver.

Punker
11-08-2005, 09:12 PM
My favorite part of the conference was the reporter asking the agent "What have you done for TO other than get him kicked off his team?". Agent: no response.

MCS
11-08-2005, 09:14 PM
What's with Bud Selig's hands?

TheMainEvent
11-09-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
TO and Rosenhaus deserve each other. TO sounded like a fifth-grader being called on in class by his teacher to read a passage he had never seen before. I detected absolutely no remorse in TO's reading of the statement. It was also very telling that Rosenhaus did not allow TO to field questions by the press. I'd sure hate to be the one advocating for TO in his hearing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rosenhaus is awesome. Such a stereotypical agent press conference. Is it just me or does he have like the most obvious hair transplant in history?

11-09-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The more interesting question is how can the Eagles allow Hugh Douglas to retain his "Badassador" title after getting his butt kicked by T.O. That's just shameful for a former D-lineman to get owned by a wide receiver.

[/ QUOTE ]
there were no punches thrown in this incident.

T.O-- what an @sshole. Rosenhaus-- what a scumbag.

11-09-2005, 12:37 AM
Note the wording in some of his comments today... paraphrased.

I apologize to the Philly fans that "this happened", as opposed to "I'm sorry for what I did."

I apologized to Donovan McNabb for anything I "may have said" that "may have been perceived as negative," as opposed to "for what I said."

The criminal is not sorry for what he did, but that he was caught. If he insists on qualifying his actions and statements, that is not a true apology. I'm sure Al Davis is watching with keen interest.

MEbenhoe
11-09-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

A commentator on ESPN this morning said that the general word around the NFL is that T.O. will play for someone next year, but strictly on a one-year basis until he proves himself. No team is going to be willing to put out any big bucks or long term contracts after 2 teams have dumped him for having an ego bigger than his talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

cuz ESPN is the authority on this type of thing? ha You honestly think teams aren't gonna be scrambling to lock up the best receiver in the nfl right now?

holeplug
11-09-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My favorite part of the conference was the reporter asking the agent "What have you done for TO other than get him kicked off his team?". Agent: no response.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best part about that was after he said "no response", TO winked at the guy asking the question and gave a slight nod.

siccjay
11-09-2005, 04:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They scare me.

Sluss
11-09-2005, 08:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
cuz ESPN is the authority on this type of thing? ha You honestly think teams aren't gonna be scrambling to lock up the best receiver in the nfl right now?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not just ESPN. Adam Kaplan (NFL Network) said he couldn't get a single GM from any team, off of the record, to say they would even sign T.O. to a one year deal.

Also remember last time he was available the only teams that wanted him were the Ravens and Eagles. And I don't think either one of them wants him now. Owens is going to whine if he doesn't get a huge contract and I can't imagine any team wanting to drop themselves into cap hell for a guy who might destroy your whole team.

My guess is he doesn't sign until right before training camp when someone gives him a huge incentive layden deal.

jakethebake
11-09-2005, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't he just read that apology on friday?

[/ QUOTE ]

You call that reading?

jakethebake
11-09-2005, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it the same ESPN guy that put Miami in his top-3 list of teams that would want Owens? There's no way Saban would take T.O. Even if he was willing to put up with Owens' bullshit, he needs to find a QB someplace. No decent established QB will want to be anywhere Owens is, and can you imagine trying to develop a rookie QB with Owens around? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

benfranklin
11-09-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No decent established QB will want to be anywhere Owens is, and can you imagine trying to develop a rookie QB with Owens around? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The latest sportscaster talking-head speculation is that Atlanta might give TO a shot. Michael Vick appears to be developing a World Class Ego himself lately. Vick vs. TO could make for some good sideline/locker room TV. The way Vick is going, I don't think he would try to keep the bickering in-house the way McNabb has.

benfranklin
11-09-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Note the wording in some of his comments today... paraphrased.

I apologize to the Philly fans that "this happened", as opposed to "I'm sorry for what I did."

I apologized to Donovan McNabb for anything I "may have said" that "may have been perceived as negative," as opposed to "for what I said."

The criminal is not sorry for what he did, but that he was caught. If he insists on qualifying his actions and statements, that is not a true apology. I'm sure Al Davis is watching with keen interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like any given Randy Moss press conference from years gone by. Everytime Randy goofed up, he would go on TV and essentially say, I don't know what I did wrong, but "they" want an apology, so here it is.

B Dids
11-09-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you never seen an old person before?

HopeydaFish
11-09-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed hard when I heard that question. I would really loev to know who was the reporter who asked it.

The agent's statements and body language during the whole press conference was horrible. He was acting like someone who is pissed off because he believes that his client has been wronged. His actions and statements were in complete opposition to the prepared statement that TO had just finished reading.

jakethebake
11-10-2005, 09:25 AM
They played an awesome clip on the radio this morning. It was sometime in Owens' first couplea years in the league and it's basically just Steve Young going on and on about what a nice, humble, unassuming guy he is. Wow. What happened? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

utmt40
11-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Yeah, money and a big head changes a lot of things jake.