PDA

View Full Version : Bodog Room Review Anyone??

11-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Hey everyone. I have heard some good things about Bodog lately and was considering checking it out. Just a couple questions for any of you who have played there,

Is the traffic still really low or have their marketing campaigns brought in a lot of players?
Is the site still as fishy as I hear?

Thanks a lot guys

11-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Hi
I'm new to Bodog but here's how I see it so far. Great selection of No limit, including 2-4 to 3-6. All no limit games are juicy up to 3-6. ( I haven't played 5-10, but they have a good selection of those nl games as well ). Also, juicy PL omaha hi. These are the games I mostly play. The limit games don't seem to have as good a selection.
The software is neat, clean and very fast. The customer support is immediate (at least when I had 1 problem). The sights that advertise here at 2plus2 offer rb for bodog. Overall, I play it second often to party. Hope this helps.

playersare
11-08-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The sights that advertise here at 2plus2 offer rb for bodog.

[/ QUOTE ]
there's no rakeback on bodog. just CPA/swag deals for signups.

11-08-2005, 04:48 PM
I don't know what cpa/swag deals mean. I'm just a player who puts in alot of time. I was trying to be helpul. Everything I said was accurate.

scrapperdog
11-08-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what cpa/swag deals mean. I'm just a player who puts in alot of time. I was trying to be helpul. Everything I said was accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you consider saying that bodog has rakeback when like the previous poster pointed out it does not to be accurate well then...
Play at bodog is loose-agressive.

11-08-2005, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I signed up today and am trying it out. seems to be full of loose players. Having a good experience and doing pretty good

I ended up reading reviews on the site and saw that most players that wrote a review accused the site of being rigged, which is good cus that means they got sucked out on a lot.... aka loose fish!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

11-08-2005, 06:49 PM
I copied and pasted this message from the sight I use that advertises right here on 2plus2.

25% BoDog Rakeback: 25% rakeback at a new up and coming site. Alot of people love this site because, it has literally the worse poker players on the net. This is a HUGE sports book site, and these guys barely know how to play poker. The bonus's are great, but they charge players 100% against the rakeback for a bonus.. 100$ bonus = -100$ into the rakeback. We are the ONLY SITE THAT IS OFFERING BODOG RAKEBACK
here it xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

11-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Apparently residents of Canada aren't eligible. WTF????

playersare
11-08-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We are the ONLY SITE THAT IS OFFERING BODOG RAKEBACK

[/ QUOTE ]
that means they are the only site which chooses to violate bodog's affiliate terms and conditions and will probably get shut down. consider yourself notified.

11-08-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
consider yourself notified.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye, Aye Sir

11-09-2005, 11:55 AM
I like their extremely fast software and good supply of fishy players. I hope they bring back occasional 20% or better reload offers, or change their raked hands to NOT contributed.

WhoIam
11-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Pros:
Fishy players at up to 3/6 limit and $100NL (and probably beyond this, this is all I've tried)
Software is fast
Plenty of players
You can make sports bets
Fast cashouts
Easily clearable 10% deposit bonus all the time
The $100+9 $100k guaranteed tournament usually only has 600 or 700 people.

Cons:
No Pokertracker support
Can only have 3 open tables at once
software can be glitchy

Neutral:
NL and tourney tables are 9-handed

I don't know if they still do this, but I signed up for an account and never deposited money. A few weeks later, I got an email saying they would comp me for the $100k guaranteed tourney If I deposited at least $50.

Eder
11-09-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cons:
No Pokertracker support

[/ QUOTE ]

This usually makes for a better site

11-09-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

tourney tables are 9-handed

[/ QUOTE ]

I know STTs are 10-handed. I thought MTTs were too, but I'm not certain. Their bottomless bonus equates to a 100% refund on fees. So you've got that going for you, which is nice.

obsidian
11-09-2005, 09:19 PM
I play their low limit heads up sng's occasion. They are fun. Oh, and getting rakeback at bodog is most certainly possible.

11-10-2005, 05:08 PM
I heard they were introducing Mac friendly software soon, any truth to that?

SharkBait
11-10-2005, 05:39 PM
I have signed up for Bodog through this affiliate but haven't started playing yet. I have however signed up at 2 other sites through same affiliate and have not had a problem and found the people behind it to be very forthcoming and easy to deal with. I asked why they were able to offer Bodog rakeback if nobody else could and was told that Bodog wanted to give rakeback a test run. Based on my prior experience with these guys that was enough for me but who knows....

The Monk
11-11-2005, 11:54 AM
In a nutshell-loser than Party Poker. Smooth software and a decent interface. Guaranteed tournaments during the day time (USA) hours are almost always a positive EV. I find myself playing more and more on here. GL