PDA

View Full Version : LC, OT, BP (bad post) about variance and life

microbet
11-08-2005, 03:29 PM
I was reading an article about 200 "bad" lenders. They are recognized as bad because they have received a lot of complaints. They constitue about 2% of all lenders in their class. Now if all lenders were equally good/bad/honest, the 2% with the most complaints would look pretty awful anyway.

Another example is when 3 people on some block get cancer some people have a hard time allowing for variance as a possibility.

Anyway, I'm sure most of you have thought about this. Also, I told you it was a bad post, so if you read it and are mad, don't say I didn't warn you.

skipperbob
11-08-2005, 03:33 PM
"Why you continue to be a favorite of people on this board is beyond me. That's my only comment." /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

microbet
11-08-2005, 03:41 PM
I'm well past 31. It's the Logan's Run effect.

Irieguy
11-08-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was reading an article about 200 "bad" lenders. They are recognized as bad because they have received a lot of complaints. They constitue about 2% of all lenders in their class. Now if all lenders were equally good/bad/honest, the 2% with the most complaints would look pretty awful anyway.

Another example is when 3 people on some block get cancer some people have a hard time allowing for variance as a possibility.

Anyway, I'm sure most of you have thought about this. Also, I told you it was a bad post, so if you read it and are mad, don't say I didn't warn you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes me mad.

Irieguy

microbet
11-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Why? Was it the content? Was it the mispelling of "constitute"? A missing comma? The cancer thing? You just got ripped off by a lender? Doesn't seem like a misuse of variance to me, but I could be wrong.

edit: After rereading the OP, I see my response should have been "Don't say I didn't warn you."

skipperbob
11-08-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes me mad.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Is somebody trying to beat "SFB" to "Pooh Bah" by posting meaningless drivel /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif