PDA

View Full Version : Basic Blind Play

11-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Am I a pansy for checking offsuit high cards in the BB behind 2-3 limpers? I figure it's bad value to raise because they don't play well multiway, plus I'm OOP. KJo, AJo, ATo, QJo? What about low pairs 22-66? Does it change for middle pairs?

Thanks.

kross
11-08-2005, 02:55 PM
I check all of those from the BB.

stigmata
11-08-2005, 03:13 PM
I love raising these when it's one limper and the small blind completes -- your relative position is pretty good. As for with 2-3 limpers, it depends who the limpers are. With loose, predictable limpers your preflop equity is really rather good and the raise has value, IMHO.

I don't raise the small pocket pairs here though.

wackjob
11-08-2005, 03:19 PM
I raise most of those. The most important thing is to have a read and know what cards your opponents are limping. If you are playing with tight players who will limp hands like A9 or KQ, you definately don't want to raise. I have been playing some party 5/10 today as well as empire 10/20. There have been players at both sites limping 45o UTG, players completing the SB with 72o. I raise these idiots every time with hands as weak as J9s. It is important to have good post flop skills when making plays like these and have a good read as to how your opponent will play with different hands, even moreso than normal.

11-08-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise these idiots every time with hands as weak as J9s. It is important to have good post flop skills when making plays like these. . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

There are even more of these guys at the Party 1/2. Guess I'll expand my range for raising as I get better postflop.

Thanks all.