PDA

View Full Version : Golden Anniversary Gift Ideas Needed

03-25-2002, 02:40 PM
Gee, there was a time where I would link to topics on this forum in emails to my Mother. Right now that’s out. I love talking and reading about politics, but agree with Mason things have gotten out of hand. Anyway, here is a “G” rated post that may help us get back on the right track and help me at the same time.

Last year I asked for suggestions for books on the Civil War and got lots of thoughtful replies. I’m reading those books now and they are indeed great. My parents 50th Wedding Anniversary is coming up and my brother and I could use a few more ideas for gifts for the party we are throwing. Vacation packages are out due to health concerns. Right now we plan on getting gift certificates for local restaurants (fortunately they live in a great restaurant town – Newport, Rhode Island) and a 1952 yearbook from a web site (contains headlines for the year, top songs and movies, and that kind of stuff). We probably will also get some sort of inscribed plate or vase.

Does anyone else have other ideas or links to sites with good gifts?

Regards,

Rick

03-25-2002, 02:47 PM
I got my wife an inscribed photo album recently. There's a store in the malls that does this, they did a really nice job, I can't remember the name, I'll ask my son tonight as he planned the whole thing. There's one in Westside Pavillion I know, not sure how convenient that mall is for you, but there must be others around.

03-25-2002, 06:17 PM
Andy,

Does "Things Remembered" Sound like the name of the store. I found their web site and they have stores in lots of local malls according to the site.

Regards,

Rick

03-25-2002, 06:35 PM
That's it. I got a really nice wood grain photo album. Worth a visit, I think.

03-25-2002, 10:58 PM
current and past pictures of you two in a photo album will mean more than anything.

03-25-2002, 11:14 PM
I'd guess nothing will top the presence of you and your brother.

03-26-2002, 01:12 AM
Hi Rick,

If they have a favorite picture of you and your brother when you were little, take another picture of the two of you in the same pose and as close to the same setting you can get. Frame the pictures and set them side by side.

I suggest this because my mother made a request of me and my brother and sister to take a photograph in a pose the same as one she has had on her dresser for 55 plus years.

Alden Chase (tyro)

03-26-2002, 04:36 PM