PDA

View Full Version : What do you say when ...

KenProspero
11-08-2005, 02:06 PM
..... someone rips into you for playing like a fish.

Last night, heads up in an on-line SnG, I had what in a younger person could be referred to as a 'brain fart' or in an older person a 'senior moment'. Personally falling between those two extremes, I have no excuse.

Anyway, I miscounted outs, miscalculated odds based on what I thought the odds were, and called an all in, where I had no rational reason for doing so.

Needless to say, one of the few outs I really did have came in (filling an inside straight) so I sucked out big-time.

The other player starts ripping into me, on how can I call with the garbage I had -- and honestly, his analysis of my play was dead on, I sucked and sucked out.

How would others respond to this, or is silence golden?

11-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Response: Who won the pot??

This one always gets a rise.

playtitleist
11-08-2005, 02:15 PM
I used to love to type "Can't chat now, stacking chips". But I try to stay silent now. Though that one still cracks me up.

11-08-2005, 02:18 PM
Just tell him you outplayed him. That always gets them on tilt. And then you go find him on another table. He'll be dying to bust you, so wait for a big hand against him and then taunt him some more when you raise!

downtown
11-08-2005, 02:54 PM
There are 3 good options:

1) "Sorry, I'm new."
2) "You're right, sorry, I'll play better now." Note that this works better live than online.
3) Silence.

Oh yeah and then there's an oldie, but goodie, "Ship it, batch."

pergesu
11-08-2005, 03:04 PM
If stuff like this bothers you enough to make a post, you really ought to turn chat off. It shouldn't matter what anyone says to you while you play.

I rarely ever respond, and when I do it's because I'm feeling particularly feisty. It usually starts off with me claiming I'm a vastly superior player because I won the pot, and how I outplayed them for a lot of chips. Only on big time suckouts though.

runner4life7
11-08-2005, 04:02 PM
who cares just remember all the times you've gotten sucked out on. If you want to rub it in to them go for it otherwise silence is usually a good way to go.

grayhawk
11-08-2005, 06:12 PM
If he thinks you are a fish, use it to your advantage. Winning is the best response.

KenProspero
11-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Yes, to both of the above, I suppose it does make up for at least one of the bad beats I've taken.

[ QUOTE ]
If he thinks you are a fish, use it to your advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, did that on the last hand of the game ...