PDA

View Full Version : did i play this hand right????

11-08-2005, 01:15 PM
ok, im playing on a $0.10/$0.20, 10 seater table. all seats are full.

i have an a 10 /images/graemlins/club.gifj /images/graemlins/spade.gif in a late position. four other players have called, no one has raised. i call aswell, so does the Sb and BB.

the flop is 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif the first player bets $0.20, everyone else calls, so do i. the turn is 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif once again the first player bets $0.20 and everyone else calls. the river shows J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif once again, the first player bets $0.20, everyone else calls. therefore i raise $1.40. everyone folds except one player in position 6. he re-raises $5.20.

now this is where i'm stuck. i don't put him down for an over-pair or 10 10, 8 8, 3 3 or 2 2 otherwise he would of bet bigger sooner.(inless he is really, really slow playing!) he could of had a 9q suited which is the most logical answer, afterall no one raised early on to force him out. either way i feel my hand is pretty good, so i call. he shows a Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif and wins loads with a straight.

my questions are this;
1. was i right to call upto the river, i'm unsure if the pot odds justified it but i think it did???

2. was i right to call his re-raise?

in truth, i feel like he got lucky, but i realise his luck.....is my bad play.

HELP?????

11-08-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok, im playing on a $0.10/$0.20..... the first player bets $0.20, everyone else calls. therefore i raise $1.40. everyone folds except one player in position 6. he re-raises $5.20.

[/ QUOTE ]

This forum is for limit holdem. The above is a no limit game, so you should be asking about it in the no limit forum.

bozlax
11-08-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok, im playing on a $0.10/$0.20..... the first player bets $0.20, everyone else calls. therefore i raise $1.40. everyone folds except one player in position 6. he re-raises $5.20.

[/ QUOTE ]

This forum is for limit holdem. The above is a no limit game, so you should be asking about it in the no limit forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

It took me about 45 seconds of wondering how the first guy in on the flop bet a BB before I read the rest of the post and realized this. Duh.

11-08-2005, 02:06 PM
sorry thanks for letting me know