PDA

View Full Version : Leading every street with TPNK...

blackaces13
11-08-2005, 01:15 PM
Table is loose and mostly passive. Both opponents are typical.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.50. UTG posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

11-08-2005, 01:21 PM
I think this is fine. If it weren't for the backdoor flush draw, I'd check/fold the flop. Passive player calling that flop could possibly have you outkicked, passive player betting probably does.

blackaces13
11-08-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is fine. If it weren't for the backdoor flush draw, I'd check/fold the flop. Passive player calling that flop could possibly have you outkicked, passive player betting probably does.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I play it the same if the turn is a non-club. The club was just a bonus as far as I was concerned.

11-08-2005, 01:28 PM
I like the flop and turn bets. Any queen is stuck calling you here and I feel like you'll often get call from tens and jacks. On the river I don't know, as any lone queen won't call. I'm really weak on the river though, and I miss a lot of value bets. I guess the question is how often will you get called by a ten or jack? I suppose the name of the game against passive players is to keep on betting for value though, right?

Obliky
11-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Looks good.

The only questionable bet was on the flop..you have TPNK against a large field on a very co-ordinated flop. However, i dont really like check/calling or check/raising so the bet seems ok.

11-08-2005, 01:55 PM
I like the flop and turn. I think I check/call the river. You're hand is very weak and CO could have been calling with a flush draw not to mention K better kicker. I have seen plenty of calls with J or T in similar situations, so a bet might be okay too. But, what are you going to do if CO raises?

blackaces13
11-08-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess the question is how often will you get called by a ten or jack?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the real question is how often will a better hand than mine bet the river when checked to and how often will I be bluffed out by a raise from a weaker hand. Since I put the former at 90% or higher and the latter at &gt;2% I figured I may as well not let the weak hands that would like to be able to showdown for free (the Ts and Js) off the hook since a better King is getting my bet anyway.

NA_kicker
11-08-2005, 02:07 PM
Without reading others comments, I think this is fine.

If you have any reads or if you are feeling spicy, I'd throw in a check raise on the turn.

deception5
11-08-2005, 02:11 PM
I think this flop is too coordinated to lead out. I'm checking and reacting to the field, raising a late position bet and following up on the turn or folding to a bet and a raise. If it's one bet I'll probably check/call the flop and lead the turn if there are only 2 opponents left.

adsman
11-08-2005, 02:12 PM
It played out fine as you folded just about everyone on the flop, but would a check-raise on the flop have been a better idea here? That's a very co-ordinated board. The river bet is mandatory if your opponent will only raise on the river with the near-nuts.

milesdyson
11-08-2005, 02:26 PM
yeah i'd definitely not bet the flop here. check, and then call, raise, or fold depending on what happens. in essence you're saving your bets for when you have more information on how to play the hand better.

car ramrod
11-08-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this flop is too coordinated to lead out. I'm checking and reacting to the field, raising a late position bet and following up on the turn or folding to a bet and a raise. If it's one bet I'll probably check/call the flop and lead the turn if there are only 2 opponents left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Redd
11-08-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this flop is too coordinated to lead out.

[/ QUOTE ]

SlantNGo
11-08-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this flop is too coordinated to lead out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Hero's play was fine until I saw that it was 6-handed on the flop. The lead is fine with 3 or 4. With 5 or more, check then re-evaluate.