PDA

View Full Version : First for me... what's proper etiquette?

11-08-2005, 08:26 AM
I was walking past the Alladin closed shops at around 4 AM this morning on the way back to my car as I approach these two asian girls. They look to be completely touristy with their camera out, etc. Anyway, I am walking past and it looks like one of them is trying to ask me something, but doesn't know how. I assume she can't speak english very well so far by my read and try to give a signal to take a picture of them together because that is what I thought they wanted.

It was and they handed me the camera and I did the usual. Here was the odd thing. Afterwards, the cute one goes over to me and gets the camera. She tries to ask if she can be in a picture with me before I left. She hands the camera to her friend and I get ready to pose with this complete stranger. What's my move?

I wasn't sure what stranger picture taking etiquette was, but didn't want to press my luck, and decided it would be best to keep my arms by my side instead of going for the around the neck. As she moves in however, her tight ass slips by my hand. This was clearly an accident by me and she looks down at my hand, than at me. She smiles and we take the picture. My move? And how have I played it so far?

11-08-2005, 08:27 AM
BTW, I know the correct answer is SIIHP, but what are second alternatives? Major variables are her friend and language barrier.

thirddan
11-08-2005, 08:33 AM
i would probably just put my hand on her back (not her ass) this is not intimate like around the neck or over the shoulder, but isn't robotic or uncaring like hands by the side...

Alexthegreat
11-08-2005, 08:34 AM
make a gun with your right hand. make the "a-ok!" circle with your left hand.

Insert gun into circle and remove. Repeat once quickly.

For extra emphasis, raise your eyebrows.

11-08-2005, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
make a gun with your right hand. make the "a-ok!" circle with your left hand.

Insert gun into circle and remove. Repeat once quickly.

For extra emphasis, raise your eyebrows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid, but flawed. How is she to see this, only the picture taker will see?

11-08-2005, 08:44 AM
Grab her ass when you say, "cheese".

kipin
11-08-2005, 08:59 AM
When I was in Europe, asian tourists twice asked for a picture with me (they were both guys). The first one was a bit odd it was two business men taking pictures of each other in a park and I actually asked them if they wanted me to take a picture of them. They said no but said "Can we take a picture with you?". It kind of set me back but I agreed. The guy at first didn't know what to do but ended up putting his arm around my shoulder. A bit odd but its not like I'm ever going to see the people again.

At first I thought they must have been gay, but I think they just wanted to show their friends back home the big norwegian viking that they saw or something. (I am not Norwegian, nor a viking)

The second time was less exciting but I was walking with about 5 other people and these people singled me out and asked to take a picture. I had someone in the group I was walking with take a picture as well so here it (http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2217/1020nb.jpg) is.

Eurotrash
11-08-2005, 09:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I had someone in the group I was walking with take a picture as well so here it (http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2217/1020nb.jpg) is.

[/ QUOTE ]

so the rumor IS true!

edit: to the OP, you could have made the "peace" sign (the V with the index and middle finger) while you got the picture. i think Asian people do that in pictures a lot for some reason.

kipin
11-08-2005, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I had someone in the group I was walking with take a picture as well so here it (http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2217/1020nb.jpg) is.

[/ QUOTE ]

so the rumor IS true!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure this is not the first picture I have ever posted that shows a sense of scale. But yes it is true. (Or maybe the asian guy is a midget who is 4 feet tall)

StevieG
11-08-2005, 09:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

edit: to the OP, you could have made the "peace" sign (the V with the index and middle finger) while you got the picture. i think Asian people do that in pictures a lot for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

They score two points for every white guy they can convince to pose in a holiday photo.

Eurotrash
11-08-2005, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so the rumor IS true!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure this is not the first picture I have ever posted that shows a sense of scale. But yes it is true. (Or maybe the asian guy is a midget who is 4 feet tall)

[/ QUOTE ]

hah I know, I'm pretty sure I've seen a couple of you. I was just joking because of what we were talking about earlier. it seemed like a good place to mention it

Pinga
11-08-2005, 09:14 AM
I'm pretty sure at 4 am you go for broke

RustedCorpse
11-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Arm lightly over shoulder big cheese grin. In japan I've done the "V" finger thing, but can't remember exactly what it means, I believe it was something about victory or something. Give me a bit and I'll get back to you.

Edit:
RustedCorpse (8:52:03 AM): What does that "V" with the pics mean btw?
yucko*** (8:54:57 AM): "peace"
RustedCorpse (8:55:03 AM): That's it?
RustedCorpse (8:55:08 AM): So the same as here right?
yucko*** (8:55:14 AM): yea
RustedCorpse (8:55:16 AM): Why is it so common in photo's?
yucko*** (8:55:34 AM): it's like a natural response for japanese people i guess
RustedCorpse (8:55:38 AM): hahha
yucko*** (8:55:42 AM): everyone does it when taking pictures

Patrick del Poker Grande
11-08-2005, 10:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Arm lightly over shoulder big cheese grin. In japan I've done the "V" finger thing, but can't remember exactly what it means, I believe it was something about victory or something. Give me a bit and I'll get back to you.

Edit:
RustedCorpse (8:52:03 AM): What does that "V" with the pics mean btw?
yucko*** (8:54:57 AM): "peace"
RustedCorpse (8:55:03 AM): That's it?
RustedCorpse (8:55:08 AM): So the same as here right?
yucko*** (8:55:14 AM): yea
RustedCorpse (8:55:16 AM): Why is it so common in photo's?
yucko*** (8:55:34 AM): it's like a natural response for japanese people i guess
RustedCorpse (8:55:38 AM): hahha
yucko*** (8:55:42 AM): everyone does it when taking pictures

[/ QUOTE ]
So if you for some reason mistake a Korean for a Japanese and do the peace sign, will the Korean be thinking "I'm not Japanese, you ass!"?

durrrr
11-08-2005, 10:18 AM
its probably b/c you have red(ish) hair. A group of about 50 asians (i forget if it was chinese/japanese sorry, dont meen to offend tho) came to my old HS and all took their picture 1 by 1 w/ a red haired friend of mine.

RustedCorpse
11-08-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

So if you for some reason mistake a Korean for a Japanese and do the peace sign, will the Korean be thinking "I'm not Japanese, you ass!"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Silly round eye! Koreans aren't allow to own cameras!

Arnfinn Madsen
11-08-2005, 10:35 AM
A stunning girl in Rome, asked me to take a picture of her and her family. She sat down and they stood behind. I sat down to make a better angle, but then I discovered that her legs was apart and she flashed her private parts.

What is proper etiquette then? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

If I was 100% sure it was her camera (and not her grumpy father), I would have taken the shot for fun, but I changed the angle. Should have had my own camera ready though /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Cyrus
11-08-2005, 10:36 AM
The girls are involved in a big extortion and murder case. It's gonna break out real soon. Yes, you will be called as a witness.

Was your hand really on her ass when they snapped the picture? You poor pumpkin.

11-08-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A stunning girl in Rome, asked me to take a picture of her and her family. She sat down and they stood behind. I sat down to make a better angle, but then I discovered that her legs was apart and she flashed her private parts.

What is proper etiquette then? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

If I was 100% sure it was her camera (and not her grumpy father), I would have taken the shot for fun, but I changed the angle. Should have had my own camera ready though /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish she gave me this kind of clue.

11-08-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I was in Europe, asian tourists twice asked for a picture with me (they were both guys). The first one was a bit odd it was two business men taking pictures of each other in a park and I actually asked them if they wanted me to take a picture of them. They said no but said "Can we take a picture with you?". It kind of set me back but I agreed. The guy at first didn't know what to do but ended up putting his arm around my shoulder. A bit odd but its not like I'm ever going to see the people again.

At first I thought they must have been gay, but I think they just wanted to show their friends back home the big norwegian viking that they saw or something. (I am not Norwegian, nor a viking)

The second time was less exciting but I was walking with about 5 other people and these people singled me out and asked to take a picture. I had someone in the group I was walking with take a picture as well so here it (http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2217/1020nb.jpg) is.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you have the pics if it was their camera?

kipin
11-08-2005, 09:12 PM
I had someone in my group take a picture with my camera, the asians used their camera to take a picture as well.

mostsmooth
11-08-2005, 09:14 PM
asian chicks are hot!

Scotch78
11-08-2005, 10:06 PM
I agree with whoever said to put your hand on the small of her back. It's a perfectly benign gesture that she can take either way. If she leans into you or puts a hand/arm around you, then I hope you live close by and have some sort of beverage to offer them.

I would have zero concerns about the language barrier or third wheel. She may or may not have an interest in you, but it certainly isn't an interest in talking with you. And if she is interested, she'll take care of her friend.

Scott

InchoateHand
11-08-2005, 10:11 PM
You put your arm around her shoulder, let them take the picture and move on.

Or you could make a big production about it.

InchoateHand
11-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Oh, and I'm skeptical that OOTiots are only approached/approach "cute" girls. Having seen photos of many of you, I would think the cute ones would be scared.

shant
11-08-2005, 10:12 PM
I think this is an easy arm around the shoulder and other arm outstretched in the air towards the camera and yell "HEYYOOOOOOOO" when they're taking the pic.

tonypaladino
11-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Kipin,

You truely are a god among men.

asofel
11-08-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At first I thought they must have been gay, but I think they just wanted to show their friends back home the big sasquatch they saw or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously

Dominic
11-08-2005, 10:41 PM
I don't understand these threads. What do you guys do, say "excuse me," run home, post this stuff on 2+2, wait a couple minutes for some replies, then run back to the situation that made you post this in the first place, hoping the moment hasn't passed??

Your play is obviously to try and get some. Period. Doesn't matter if you fail. You're only a loser if you don't try.

Sheesh.

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PoBoy321
11-08-2005, 10:50 PM
The most appropriate place for you to put your arm is in her vag.

11-08-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
asian chicks are hot!

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree, and nice avatar
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand these threads. What do you guys do, say "excuse me," run home, post this stuff on 2+2, wait a couple minutes for some replies, then run back to the situation that made you post this in the first place, hoping the moment hasn't passed??

Your play is obviously to try and get some. Period. Doesn't matter if you fail. You're only a loser if you don't try.

Sheesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

kipin
11-08-2005, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kipin,

You truely are a god among men.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. Thank you.

Long time coming.

I'll try to stay modest.

11-09-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Sheesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

You taking this way too seriously I think. It was just for fun after it was over to see what OOT'ers had to say and if they had any similar experiences. Aparently, some did. When OOT'ers post stupid, funny, or smart things, I always smile /images/graemlins/smile.gif

phil_ivey_fan
11-09-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and decided it would be best to keep my arms by my side instead of going for the around the neck.

[/ QUOTE ]

just hand over the wallet and save her the trouble and you the confusion later.

tom441lbk
11-09-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Sheesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha, i laughed for seconds on end, then i realized the gravity of this message that is he is trying to convey, yes you must always go for the ultimate goal, and to pursue that goal at any cost

threeonefour
11-09-2005, 03:31 PM
after reading the intro i was 80% sure this post was about a pick pocket. this is a common line used for those type of things. next time, hit on the girl if you like but keep track of your wallet.

Cancuk
11-09-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was walking past the Alladin closed shops at around 4 AM this morning on the way back to my car as I approach these two asian girls. They look to be completely touristy with their camera out, etc. Anyway, I am walking past and it looks like one of them is trying to ask me something, but doesn't know how. I assume she can't speak english very well so far by my read and try to give a signal to take a picture of them together because that is what I thought they wanted.

It was and they handed me the camera and I did the usual. Here was the odd thing. Afterwards, the cute one goes over to me and gets the camera. She tries to ask if she can be in a picture with me before I left. She hands the camera to her friend and I get ready to pose with this complete stranger. What's my move?

I wasn't sure what stranger picture taking etiquette was, but didn't want to press my luck, and decided it would be best to keep my arms by my side instead of going for the around the neck. As she moves in however, her tight ass slips by my hand. This was clearly an accident by me and she looks down at my hand, than at me. She smiles and we take the picture. My move? And how have I played it so far?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would grab the ass, steal the camera and run. It would be a funny story.