PDA

View Full Version : AKo button (xposted)

baronzeus
11-08-2005, 07:21 AM
6 handed 75/150

folded to me on button, i raise AsKh, loose and aggressive CO 3bets (range is huge since my button range is huge), TAG (22/15 or so 6 handed) caps in the BB. 3 to the flop for 12SB.
I think SB will lead any pair here or draw here, and BB will probably raise 88+ or any K or a good draw. SB will probably 3bet a good draw here, and would probably fold a weak pair if i 3bet.

flop Ks7s4c

SB bets, BB raises, I coldcall...

Anyone like? Other options? What's my plan in the different scenarios?

DeeJ
11-08-2005, 07:30 AM
I presume "CO 3bets" is SB.

You won't force out a spade draw. SB's only other real draw is if he had 56 but this is an unlikely 3-betting hand. So I think SB has a King, BB looks like he has a good hand (KQ+,JJ+) that you're going to show down againt. There is a chance that whatever SB is holding might improve to beat you if you give him a cheap draw (even if it's to only 5 outs). So I'd probably raise here myself, you may get some information from BB's final action.

mc1023
11-08-2005, 07:58 AM
I don't mind the coldcall, but I also don't like it at the same time. Your coldcalling + any aggression blank turn is going to give your hand away pretty clearly.

I like the fact you have the As to go along with your pair of kings, which gives more reason to coldcall here since if you possibly get drawn out on the turn you may have more outs. But this just call can lead to trouble on the turn since I'm assuming you are raising almost any card and you may find they may have a monster here sometimes.

Pot is fairly decent size already and your hand is disguised as is since you raised off the button and you claim to have a wide range to your opponents. Add to the fact that they may have hands here that you might want to think twice about before raising the turn, although it's not likely.

With the line you took, I would raise practically any turn card including any spade then re-evaluate if 3betted.

vmacosta
11-08-2005, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
SB will probably 3bet a good draw here

[/ QUOTE ]

You have A spades so there really aren't many big draws for SB to have.
"and would probably fold a weak pair if i 3bet."
What's so bad about that. I see no reason to slowplay here. When you cc, it sets alarms off in the other players' heads and you will likely be checked to on the turn or bet/folded to. If you 3 bet, however, you greatly increase the likelihood of getting HU and called down...a pretty nice result when you have 1 big pair and the pot's big.

11-08-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SB will probably 3bet a good draw here

[/ QUOTE ]

You have A spades so there really aren't many big draws for SB to have.
"and would probably fold a weak pair if i 3bet."
What's so bad about that. I see no reason to slowplay here. When you cc, it sets alarms off in the other players' heads and you will likely be checked to on the turn or bet/folded to. If you 3 bet, however, you greatly increase the likelihood of getting HU and called down...a pretty nice result when you have 1 big pair and the pot's big.

[/ QUOTE ]

baronzeus
11-08-2005, 03:54 PM
well, one thing to consider is that the LAG in SB will call me down more lightly than the TAG in BB. if i do indeed have BB beat, he will probably find a fold somewhere along the line given my play, whereas SB will probably call down with A7, or 88+, or any king. also, neither player is ever folding a better hand, so i think I want SB hanging around.

11-08-2005, 05:46 PM
I like a CC here. Raise the turn.