PDA

View Full Version : No-Peek, No-Fold-em HE - A Crazy Idea?

06-19-2003, 02:38 PM
Posted this in Psych forum:

Recently, I was involved in a supertight 5-10 for about 2.5 hours since we opened the game. I chopped QQ and AKs in the process and out of boredom made a comment of which would have been more exciting - watching an elephant in labor or turtles in a foreplay. Because I cannot transfer to another game yet, I suggested to everyone to play just one hand of no-fold-em-no-peek HE to loosen up the game somewhat, where:

SB and BB puts in 35 bucks each, and the rest 30 bucks. Dealer puts up the full board and the best hand wins. Nobody agreed.

Your opinions why you would/won't and please elaborate. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

Noo Yawk
06-19-2003, 04:13 PM
Sounds like limit Omaha high. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif !!!!!

LondonBroil
06-19-2003, 08:15 PM
Because they probably all thought they were better players than the others. If I knew I was a better player than most of the others at the table, why would I make a bet where I have a 10% chance of winning 10x my bet? I would rather just play it out knowing that I would come out ahead.

Of course, if I knew I was the weakest at the table, I'd be all for it, but then I wouldn't be playing at that table in the first place, unless I was "paying for lessons".

Does this make any sense to anyone else?