PDA

View Full Version : Inducing a bluff standard?

brazilio
11-08-2005, 04:30 AM
Thought this would be standard, especially from his previous hand action. I only knew he was shitty and pretty aggressive before this hand, didn't know how much.

Turn didn't go exactly as planned, but it wasn't horrible.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Button calls.

River: (10 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Button is the same person in both hands.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (4.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks

I have to call a raise.

Surfbullet
11-08-2005, 04:46 AM
Hand1:

I don't like the turn c/r on at all. Bet out - there are an absurd number of draws that could be out there in this big, multiway field...a free card is a disaster, and you have no assurance that anyone will bet. hope for a raise so you can 3bet. The rest is standard.

Hand2:

I'd rather see a turn c/r here. It's heads-up, the pot is very small, and we've got an aggro player in position...we check and he'll bet nearly all his holdings to try and take the pot away from us, and buy himself a showdown. The c/r will blow him off of most hands, but we've gotten a bluff out of him and made him put in 2 bets as a big dog if he decides to call with a gutshot or FD or curiosity A-hi calldown.

As you played it I think the river check is great, though you may not induce a bluff as often as expected since it may look like you are trying to get to showdown.

I don't necessarily agree that you have to call a river raise, though. He'll probably bluff a decent amount of the time, but we're only going to be getting about 7:1. Folding sucks, but is probably correct. If we had an Ace I'd be happier betting to get him to bluff-raise, since we're only worried about a 6 then.

Surf

JDalla
11-08-2005, 05:28 AM
I like your play better than checkraising the turn. I would play it exactly the same, except against very those players that just call everything but never re raise with less than the nuts or a boat... against one of these I might c/r the turn and/or bet the river.

But generally I like your line the best.

Drontier
11-08-2005, 05:34 AM
never checkraise the turn in hand 1. lead out.

brazilio
11-08-2005, 06:23 AM
Guess nobody likes a turn checkraise on the turn. I don't often do it, but calling the flop 4-way doesn't give you the strong implication that there's going to be a bet on the turn if I check to them?