PDA

View Full Version : OC: ITM Ratio's, Need Advice

papilindo
11-08-2005, 03:34 AM
I would greatly appreciate anyone who can let me know what percentages I should be shooting for as far as finishes ITM, i.e. ratio between 1,2, and 3. I play $11. Thanx in advance...

bluef0x
11-08-2005, 03:38 AM
I'd shoot for 100% firsts.

Read the FAQ bro, 40% ITM is good. Most people suggest having more 1sts and 3rds than 2nds as having say 3 firsts 0 seconds 3 thirds has a better ROI than an even split of 2 firsts 2 seconds 2 thirds. So go for first once your ITM.

Nick M
11-08-2005, 03:47 AM
Most people will give you the advice that Blue just gave you. Play for 1st when you get in the money.

But there is another way to play for first...On the bubble. Most people let you push them around on the bubble. So there is more fold equity on the bubble. Less showdowns and more blinds stolen. I gamble on the bubble for first and couldn't care less about 3rd money...

11-08-2005, 04:16 AM
Just wanted to add another point to nick's post (he's definitely correct). He says you should gamble more on the bubble and you should, but another thing is you should be gambling more with 5 people left as well, you can't steal blinds and pots if you only have a stack of 1000 (thinking PP starting stacks here) you either go all-in or fold, if you take more gambles before you reach the bubble you'll have a larger stack going into the bubble and a much better chance of increasing your stack through plays and steals rather than having to showdown the best hand.

Playing your normal game with 5 left might increase your ITM percentage but it isn't going to add anything to your ROI, and I'm putting more weight on the amount I make rather than the number of times I make money.

In the $11s I need 5 3rds to equal two 1st place finishes, I think you need to be willing to sacrifice your ITM percentage in order to increase the number of times you go into the bubble dominating.

papilindo
11-08-2005, 04:22 AM
Thanx for the responses. I agree w/ both your sentiments as far as shooting for 1st, which is really why I asked the question as I know I should be trying for a significant amount of them (relative to 2 and 3's). Thus, I was hoping to guage my success in that regard as, sadly to say /images/graemlins/frown.gif we can't always get there (first)! So... wondering what some of the "experts" REALISTICALLY expect with a large sample size of games played. BTW, I didn't see anything in the FAQ on this specific issue. Thanx again.

papilindo
11-08-2005, 04:29 AM
I guess what I'm asking is: after 1K games, how do I know if I've got the right amount of first place finishes. thanx

Nick M
11-08-2005, 04:36 AM
you don't. This is why ITM % are worthless. They mean nothing. All that matters is Profit, Hourly Rate, and ROI. You could have a 75% ITM and be broke.

Think about this, does being "In The Money" pay the bills??? No, taking the money does. All the matters is what's in your pocket. Focus less on how many 1st you get, and just play good profitable poker. Add the numbers up at the end of the money, divide by hours and bask in the glory of $$$$$ not %%%%%%

papilindo
11-08-2005, 04:47 AM
LOL... so true, so true. thanx nick, you're right. Hopefully my hourly rate will be such that I can bask in the $$$ as you say, WHILE on a Carribean island...sipping a fu fu drink... /images/graemlins/grin.gif