PDA

View Full Version : PartyPoker won't let me sit at the same table as my friend

FoxwoodsFiend
11-08-2005, 01:49 AM
Hi,

I have a friend that party knows i'm friends with. The problem is we're both going pro next year and we play the same tables-the 10/20 NL on Party, of which there aren't that many games at any point in time.
So, is there any way to fix this problem? I'm worried we're going to interfere with each others' ability to make a living next year.

I should also note that I would never consider cheating with him, I'm just trying to make sure we can both play next year.

Weatherhead03
11-08-2005, 01:51 AM
How do they know you are friends?

JackOfSpeed
11-08-2005, 01:53 AM
Not to be a dick, but I'm glad there is no easy solution to this "problem." I am confident that you would never share hand information with your buddy, but I doubt the same could always be said be said for folks in situations similar to yours.

grjr
11-08-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they always played the same tables?

Allinlife
11-08-2005, 02:01 AM
they probably got tagged for logging under same ip while one of them went over to other's house or something.

11-08-2005, 02:12 AM
any money transfers between you two also cause this.

FoxwoodsFiend
11-08-2005, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I lent him my laptop so he could use my national wireless broadband card while he was waiting to get internet installed in his apartment.

FoxwoodsFiend
11-08-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not to be a dick, but I'm glad there is no easy solution to this "problem." I am confident that you would never share hand information with your buddy, but I doubt the same could always be said be said for folks in situations similar to yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense taken. Also, it's weird because I know of so many players at my game who know each other and know their IM and acknowledge chatting while playing-I'm just penalized because my close association with a particular player manifested itself in a particular manner.

IggyWH
11-08-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense taken. Also, it's weird because I know of so many players at my game who know each other and know their IM and acknowledge chatting while playing-I'm just penalized because my close association with a particular player manifested itself in a particular manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read your above post and that is why you cannot sit at the same table. It's just too close to collusion (in Party's eyes it is a sure sign of possible collusion) for them to allow it to happen.

Your best bet now is to get either yourself or your friend a new Party account and never play on each others computers ever again.