PDA

View Full Version : Chris Alger and Ray Springfield

03-25-2002, 11:12 AM
These are forums which were designed to discuss poker and other forms of gambling. We are not prepared, not are we inclined, to moderate all the other issues which are now present on this forum.

The nastiness of your attacks on each other, and the continuous resurfacing of certain topics that enciurages the othe one to attack, has the potential to destroy to destroy all of these forums, not just this one. If you guys can't back off, and we at Two Plus Two don't care who is at fault, you both will be permamently barred from here. I am not bluffing.

Best wishes,

Mason

03-25-2002, 12:12 PM

03-25-2002, 01:46 PM
n/m

03-25-2002, 03:17 PM

03-25-2002, 04:29 PM
I've never sat at the same poker table as Mason but I gather from his essays, books and posts that he is not the kind of player to announce that he is not bluffing, whether he is or isn't.

So, when he says he is not bluffing about the Chris Ray thing it might be that he saying it just to vary his play. Does anyone have any info on Mason's table mannerisms vis a vis talking to opps when cards are live in order to "psycje" out the opponent? I understand that Mike Caro uses this tactic extensively so perhaps Mason has decided to emulate Mike a bit and steal from his play book.

After all, the only reason why Mason would need to say that he is not bluffing is because he believes someone might think that he is. The only reason why Mason might think someone might think that he's bluffing is because he must have bluffed in the past in a similar situation and someone called him on it.

As for Chris and Ray, well, I think it's almost a crime that we lose Chris because of Ray considering we lost Dan Hanson because of Ray. Is Ray running this Forum? It seems so. Ray gets to decide who stays and who goes just by picking on them. Maybe if Ray picked on Rick or skp or Tommy or Vince maybe Mason would see that it's only Ray on one side and everyone who wishes to defend themselves against scurrilous attacks on the other.

Come on Mason, get rid of Ray if you must, but don't cast off Chris because he fought back.

03-25-2002, 04:38 PM
"I understand that Mike Caro uses this tactic extensively so perhaps Mason has decided to emulate Mike a bit and steal from his play book."

I play my share of poker, unlike Caro who hardly ever sits at a poker table. So I am not emulating anyone. Furthermore, there is no play that I won't make when necessary.

We will permanently bar anyone who continues to participate in the "hate posts" that are now constantly appearing on this forum. This is a site that is dedicated to discussing poker and other forms of gambling, and we will keep it that way.

Mason