PDA

View Full Version : 9 perfect players and a pair tree

bambi
11-08-2005, 01:12 AM
Ok i have been thinking about this for a while and after reading the Derb thread i have been thinking about it a bit more.

Here is the scenario, 9 perfect players, as in perfect by what we see as optimal play here on 2p2 sit at the table and start up a game.

Who would win? well i would think nobody would win, if you disregard the rake, the money would just go around and around the table and after 500k hands or so everybody would be all square.

Ok so say hypothetically the optimum VPIP is 20 that means on a 10 person table each flop will be on average seen by two people, now with hands like AK,AQ etc you will connect with the board only 30% of the time, meaning if somebody knew you would fold UI when facing alot of aggression, it would mean that 40% of flops will be won by the most aggressive player that can make, the oher player fold.

Now three betting the turn with QJo UI doesnt seem so bad if you know that 40% of the time he will fold.

So back to the perfect game as mention above, throw in these very tight 9 players who arent able to adjust to this wild mans play. and what happens the LAG is in alot of pots because he knows that when HU he will be able to exploit the fact that they will miss they flop 70% of the time, all has to do is make sure that when he hits, his gain is neutral when compared to when they hit, but he gets the added bonus of taking the other 40% of the time.

Now the 30/60 game online is full of TAGs and is probably the closest thing to the game mentioned above, however with a few fish involved.

So let my simple mind have, let the bashing begin!

JacksonTens
11-08-2005, 01:22 AM
I think people are begginning to misinterpret what it is to be 2+2.

In my mind to play 2+2 is not to be a TAG. A 2+2er may be TAG but should also be able to adapt. In HEFAP It says 'in tight games one should play more hands to give greater opportunities to bluff' This idea is 2+2.

The idea of a 2+2er is not neccessarily are TAG it is simply a very good player capable of executing a wide range of advanced techniques.

Perhaps I am overrating the abilities of the other memebers of this forum. I should hope not.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif