PDA

View Full Version : No WPT update from Easy E this week?

Inthacup
06-19-2003, 11:28 AM
I think this is a first. I guess he either missed it or is going for a 2+2 record for longest post. I only caught the first 30 minutes(I recorded it) but I did see a few things of interest:

1."X22" as they call him is the ugliest man I've EVER seen.
2. I thought it was interesting how he raised 22k every time he came in a pot(I don't know if he continued this after the first half hour)
3. Ummm, I really need to watch the next 90 minutes.

That is all. I'll update this when I finish watching it, I guess. Come back Easy E!

Easy E
06-19-2003, 11:44 AM
Easy "Godfather WPT" E

I was lazy at first, but replied to scottro's message about the show on the unofficial WPT site that Andy Bloch started:

http://www.wptfan.com/article.php?story=20030618230308942

As to your post:
a) i'm flattered
b) Did you get the duck connection, with the raises? He was trying to make a goof image... and also disguise his raising hands, IMO.

I promise to get myself back on track for the last few episodes (not sure what we'll get out of the Sunday special shows, but the WPT should generate lots of notes).

Inthacup
06-19-2003, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I got that the "Quack quack" thing meant that he was raising 22k because 2 2 is referred to as ducks.

Is that flat raising strategy any good at all? I could see it confusing your opponents, but I haven't seen anyone else use it this year, so I can't imagine it's too fruitful.

Jimbo
06-19-2003, 12:13 PM
I imagine it is useful except when you do it with 7/2 off siut and K/6 offsuit and get called! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

pokerlover
06-19-2003, 01:45 PM
"X22" as they call him is the ugliest man I've EVER seen.

I played with him at the WSOP and yes he is the ugliest man to date that I have ever played poker with. He has these weird movements and kept crowding me as I was just to his right. He lost a huge pot when he made trip queens against somebody's full house. After that he got very aggresive and did a lot of steam raising until he eventually got knocked out. Very ugly and very strange. The worst part about when he got knocked out is that they moved a player to our table and I don't think he showered for about 6 weeks. Good thing we were at the last level on day 1 when this happened.

Tyler Durden
06-19-2003, 02:09 PM
Was that a nose deformity he had? And what was up with Tony's teeth?

It was a painful WPT to watch.

pokerlover
06-19-2003, 02:41 PM
Not sure what it was but his appearance was less than flattering.

mike l.
06-20-2003, 01:09 AM
i thought x-22 was terrific he was like this monster that showed up and completely spoiled everything. he played like he knew just enough to make a mockery of the game, he was ever annoying w/ his quack quack thing, and i was both creeped out and amused by his facial ticks and fraekish nature. good show, i hope he makes it to the final table again.

as for the rest of them it was pretty boring and safe stuff. i have one thought: they seemed to be pushing it all in a lot more, does anyone think theyve spotted a player yet on any of the episodes who is using sklansky's modified system?? what about the guy who got second place?

mike l.
06-20-2003, 01:12 AM
"Is that flat raising strategy any good at all? I could see it confusing your opponents, but I haven't seen anyone else use it this year, so I can't imagine it's too fruitful."

the problem was the blinds went up significantly and he was still raising 22k so it was becoming way too small of a raise by the end.

Jimbo
06-20-2003, 10:38 AM
"the problem was the blinds went up significantly and he was still raising 22k so it was becoming way too small of a raise by the end."

I thought I saw him raising a "Triple Quack Quack" (66K) after the blinds had escalated.

Zele
06-20-2003, 04:56 PM
The guy is a mathematics professor. Hell, my girlfriend guessed that cold upon walking in the room and seeing him on the TV.

A footnote: the backgammon player from Munchkin's _Gambling Wizards_ (who also features into Michael Konik's 1st book) absolutely deifies Magriel.