PDA

View Full Version : is there where i lose a lot of $$?

balkii
11-07-2005, 10:53 PM
3 handed vs unknown

BTN raise, I 3-bet A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the BB, BTN call.

flop 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
bet, call

turn T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

bet,call

river Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

check, bet, I fold

any thoughts?

jph0424
11-07-2005, 10:56 PM
I don't really like the 3 bet preflop, you are out of position with a marginal hand. Given the way you played it the rest is fine by me.

SomethingClever
11-07-2005, 11:37 PM
1) This is kind of nitty, but I don't resteal with the worst aces. Only A4 or A5 and up.

2) Nah, you're just hosed when he calls the turn.

Lurker4
11-07-2005, 11:43 PM
I also call PF unless villain has a really wide stealing range, and even then c/r any flop may be a better play. I probably check/fold river, but 3-handed I'm not sure if this is best since the turn adds multiple draws to the board.

oreogod
11-08-2005, 12:10 AM
the PF 3bet is fine, it's unfortunante hes an unknown, but most of the time in a 3handed game its solid, CCing sucks big time...so re-raise or fold.

Now on the turn, I can go either way, u are getting overs to fold maybe 30-40 percent of the time on a T-high board and may even get popped by good players (kind of a transparent move, as he can be doing this with overs or draw...but most of the time u dont have a solid hand).

Either way, turn is the only thing that can go either or once u decide to play.

ALL1N
11-08-2005, 12:49 AM
I think you really need to question what benefits there are to 3-betting A2 here preflop in relation to how it'll affect the rest of the hand. If you think it makes it easier, please tell me why.

balkii
11-08-2005, 12:57 AM
I 3-bet here because 1) i figured to have the best hand , and 2) i'd like to force my opponent be making the decisions.

When I just call in the BB here what are my options? checkraise any flop? check-call down to the river and hope i am still good? donkbet any flop?

If you have some better ideas for me, please share. thats why I posted the hand, because i think the way i played it sucks.

livinitup0
11-08-2005, 01:01 AM
I cant see the benefit of 3betting this preflop.

jt1
11-08-2005, 01:43 AM
well played, imo. i think he caught on the flop and you had just enuf outs to call a turn bet so you bet. You now strongly suspect that he's seeing the SD and there aren't enuf hands that he could have that you beat so you fold the river.

This is 3 handed. Fwiw, 3 betting pf and leading flop will induce more laydowns the pf call/cr flop.

oreogod
11-08-2005, 01:44 AM
Oh [censored]...I thought u were in the SB...preflop 3bet in the bb is bad. I was mixed up (hence the part about CCing being lame in my intial post.).

Kuso
11-08-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is 3 handed. Fwiw, 3 betting pf and leading flop will induce more laydowns the pf call/cr flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

just curious... what do you base this on? does this assume a certain type of player as villain?

i seem to get called down quite a bit if villain has any part of the low board.

jt1
11-08-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just curious... what do you base this on? does this assume a certain type of player as villain?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am obviously in the minority on this. but it seems to me that many players for psychological reasons will correctly call a flop check raise when they would have folded to a flop bet if it was preceded by a preflop 3 bet. But again, I'm in the minority, but until I see the error of my ways or it's explained to me, I guess I'll just have to keep making this mistake.

Kuso
11-08-2005, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

I am obviously in the minority on this. but it seems to me that many players for psychological reasons will correctly call a flop check raise when they would have folded to a flop bet if it was preceded by a preflop 3 bet. But again, I'm in the minority, but until I see the error of my ways or it's explained to me, I guess I'll just have to keep making this mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

what levels are you referring to? so far i have only played up to 2/4... maybe that's the difference.

11-08-2005, 08:17 AM
I don't like the pre flop three bet much either. The problem with playing the hand like this is you get yourslef into a reverse implied odds situation. If you hit the ace, he folds, or sometimes has you outkicked. You miss, and find youself with the dilemma of how many bullets to fire into a raggy board that he may well have a piece of. Someimtes you will get him to lay down medium pocket pairs when paint flops, but often you find yourself out of position and not knowling where you are. So I much prefer the flat call for two reasons. I) When the ace flops you might get some action when he tries to represent it. 2) You can check raise ragged boards and leave the button with the awkward decision.