PDA

View Full Version : Childishness

WackityWhiz
11-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Couldn't really think of a better title, as this could play out as me being childish or my friend...

So I join a friends game in diablo (private so it's just us) and I do Act 1 for him in nightmare cuz he isn't very high level. I do a meph run after that (to those of you who don't know, it's a guy you kill who drops decent items. My buddy was complaining that he didn' have any gold so I was going to grab all the stuff from Meph so my buddy could sell it.

I drop most of my inventory on the ground so I can grab all the items and I come back and they are all gone (except for 2 items). I go over to Charsi (a computer character who buys/trades items with players) and all of my charms and items are in her inventory.

I'm like WTF MAN, why did you sell all my [censored]?!?!?! and he goes on to tell me that he didn't do it and the game must've messed up. I ended up buying back my items from charsi, but my most valueable charm was missing. It is a 30% magic find grand charm + other stuff I don't remember. I was holding this for a friend because you can't carry more than one.

So... my "friend" is on my bowling team and we hang out sometimes. What is my play here? I mean it's just a game, and it doesn't bother me that I don't have the items anymore, it's just the fact that he did this. I'm 99% sure that he sold my items, the game just doesn't do that stuff.

Would I be childish if I just don't talk to him anymore? What do I do?

Sponger15SB
11-07-2005, 09:44 PM
/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Vote4Pedro
Diablo + Bowling Team = POTD

Voltron87
lmao, great post

InchoateHand
11-07-2005, 09:48 PM
This is awesome.

Hamish McBagpipe
11-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Take your level 58 Paladin to Act 4, Nightmare, drop two large Mana potions by Izual in the Plains of Despair. Since Izual was captured by the Prime Evil's, DO NOT hit him with any elemental damage weapon. Using your magic flail or war hammer, strike with concentration and vigour. Then Izual will drop your lost items as long as you haven't logged in to a ladder or hell level game since the game in question. You must be wearing at least a 4/4/70 raven frost ring and have a minimum 25th level druid's wolf mask in your inventory (BUT NOT IN YOUR CUBE) for this to work. Your welcome.

RustedCorpse
11-07-2005, 09:51 PM
ZOMG LOL!!!11!!!!! WTFBBQPWNED!

11-07-2005, 09:52 PM
People still play Diablo? Get a bot, get to hell pindleskin, let bot run, soon you will have 7 windforces and two zods, game over. That is was I did years ago. The only thing I didn't get was the annihulis. Have they made any good patches or jacked up the difficulty to an unruly level so they could insert more super elite items in the past few years? And yes I think it would be very childish.

phixxx
11-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Um, do 30% charms exist?

WackityWhiz
11-07-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And yes I think it would be very childish.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't the only thing he's done to me. We were playing madden and the game was tied with 50 seconds to go. I was on the 30 yard line and driving. I did a toss to the right and I had daylight to the endzone. I didn't want to score right away cuz that would leave him time to try and tie me.

So I take priest holmes and run him horizontal to the goalline to try to burn the clock. I get to the other side of the field and start to run backwards. I make it to the 40 yard line and cut back across to the other side. I ended up doing an entire circle around his team and ended up scoring with like 10 seconds to go.

I was going to save the replay but I had to go get my memory card. HE TURNED THE GAME OFF SO I COULDN'T SAVE MY REPLAY!!!

would you stand for this???

LeatherFace
11-07-2005, 10:04 PM
I have a worse story, I was babysitting a 12 year old and we were playing ratchet and clank in a deathmatch, and I lost the first couple of matches but I caught on quick and I was winning the last match and then he shut off the playstation and said that I didn't win cause we never finished so it didnt count, then he made me make him a sandwich for lunch.

Blarg
11-07-2005, 10:09 PM
LOL, one of the joys of playing games like this is it shows you how much even your friends are total dicks.

Eurotrash
11-07-2005, 10:09 PM
lol noob

learn 2 play

MyTurn2Raise
11-07-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This isn't the only thing he's done to me. We were playing madden and the game was tied with 50 seconds to go. I was on the 30 yard line and driving. I did a toss to the right and I had daylight to the endzone. I didn't want to score right away cuz that would leave him time to try and tie me.

So I take priest holmes and run him horizontal to the goalline to try to burn the clock. I get to the other side of the field and start to run backwards. I make it to the 40 yard line and cut back across to the other side. I ended up doing an entire circle around his team and ended up scoring with like 10 seconds to go.

I was going to save the replay but I had to go get my memory card. HE TURNED THE GAME OFF SO I COULDN'T SAVE MY REPLAY!!!

would you stand for this???

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems like something you did to him..I think he owed you one.

Ulysses
11-07-2005, 10:12 PM
I don't know what any of this means, but I think Paluka is in the Magic Hall of Fame and can probably help you out with this stuff.

11-07-2005, 10:12 PM
LOL. I would have to answer yes, I would stand for this. But an important fact to consider about when I play NCAA or Madden with friends is that 90% of our games are quit before the final gun sounds. If you were playing me, I would have never allowed that to happen. Seriously, how do you let someone run around for 40 seconds with out getting tackled? I don't see it as being possible unless he was trying to switch defenders and just kept doing it to slow his guys up. He must have sucked pretty bad. Oh and I also believe the game only saves like 15 seconds of a replay. Nobody wants to see a replay like that, it's just embarrassing.

WackityWhiz
11-07-2005, 10:31 PM
lol, the second post I made was true, but a joke. That didn't bother me at all, I just thought it was funny.

however, the diablo thing was serious. I think it was a crappy thing to do and I just don't see why he'd do it. I'm just not going to help him anymore in the game. I'll still act normal around him at bowling and stuff.

or I could just get back at him... any ideas?!?!

^^now that is childish (but it'll be fun)

Blarg
11-07-2005, 10:44 PM
The evil plan idea sounds fun.

4_2_it
11-07-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Banging his girlfriend is the only correct answer.

MyTurn2Raise
11-07-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

make sure to SIIHP too

TheMainEvent
11-07-2005, 11:37 PM

masse75
11-07-2005, 11:42 PM
I know it's WOW...but can we get a "LeeRoy Jenkins" here?

tonypaladino
11-07-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the OP, I'd lay 10 to 1 that neither has one.

WackityWhiz
11-08-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the OP, I'd lay 10 to 1 that neither has one.

[/ QUOTE ]

you missed all my gf posts??? talking like i'm a noob and all

/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tdarko
11-08-2005, 12:50 AM
before i read the replies i thought you were selling drugs for your friend /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

Apathy
11-08-2005, 01:13 AM
amazing masterpiece of a post I sincerly hope its serious (and I truly believe it is).

11-08-2005, 01:28 AM
Go bowling with him, tell him you need to use his car to jump yours, take his keys, and then:

A)Sell it to a car dealer named Charsi and say "Life messed up"
B)Sell it, but take out the steering wheel and front seat and say "Life messed up"
C)Poop in his backseat, and when he finds it say "The car does that sometimes, it messed up or something"

your choice.

kurosh
11-08-2005, 01:34 AM
rofl awesome

BCPVP
11-08-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So... my "friend" is on my bowling team and we hang out sometimes. What is my play here?

[/ QUOTE ]
Drop your bowling ball on his foot while you're walking to the lane?

11-08-2005, 01:36 AM
While your friend is parked somewhere not by his house, secretly let the air out of one of his tires while he is doing whatever he's doing.

Borno
11-08-2005, 01:38 AM
tell him to buy the charm off ebay with real money for you

gamblore99
11-08-2005, 04:08 AM
I think you playing diablo and getting upset and posting it is very childish. If your friend stole your stuff out of greed, that is childish. If he did it because he wanted to piss you off, that is kinda funny.

phixxx
11-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Just threaten to kick the [censored] out of him the next time you see him. That'll set him straight.

pokerdirty
11-08-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Judging by the OP, I don't think this is an option.

Dominic
11-08-2005, 06:41 PM
what the hell are you talking about? You might as well have been writing in German.

4_2_it
11-08-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what the hell are you talking about? You might as well have been writing in German.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was obviously Nerdese. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

eviljeff
11-08-2005, 08:59 PM
why would it be funnier if it's a joke?

11-08-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was obviously Nerdese. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all Geek to me.

WackityWhiz
11-09-2005, 12:09 AM
He admitted it today and said he was sorry...

damn, that charsi car dealer woulda been fun too /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Blarg
11-09-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you playing diablo and getting upset and posting it is very childish. If your friend stole your stuff out of greed, that is childish. If he did it because he wanted to piss you off, that is kinda funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing childish about getting upset and writing about it. Posts like that make for some of the best and most interesting posts in OOT. And getting upset when a friend screws you over is about as natural as anything could possibly be.

siccjay
11-09-2005, 04:40 AM
I see he admitted it now. I would have said kill him in game until he gives it back. I used to do this to friends in games when they did something stupid and in person I wouldn't even mention it. If they did, I would change the subject.

Blarg
11-09-2005, 07:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He admitted it today and said he was sorry...

damn, that charsi car dealer woulda been fun too /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You got a creepy friend. Maybe him admitting it is a better sign than him just being a full on douchebag, though. Now he's a douchebag with a difference.