PDA

View Full Version : Oral-B Crossaction Power Trip Report

Sponger15SB
11-07-2005, 08:27 PM
So I lost my toothbrush (how does this happen?) a few days ago and was at the store yesterday and picked up a tooth brush and some crest whitening gel toothpaste. I am in the checkout line after getting all my groceries and I see that there is a new weird electric toothbrush that looks like something an idea they stole from the Mach3 Power razors. Its usually $7 but its a $1 off with Albertsons Club so I toss down my other toothbrush and pick this one up.

It looks like this...

http://www.oralb.com/images/products/pic_centertop_crossactionpwr.jpg

The top round part rotates while the bottom bristles just vibrate back and forth. So I get home and crack it open and first notice when I begin to use it that brush head is small compared to what I am used too. It cleans really good but is pretty uncomfortable, although I have never used an electric toothbrush before so maybe they are all like that?

Overall if you have a hard time brushing well and are pretty cheap I'd buy it, but a nice $4-5 normal toothbrush would probably do a much better job and feel better if you were a diligent brusher.

kipin
11-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Trip report for this?

Freakin
11-07-2005, 08:30 PM
I prefer the regular hand-powered cross-action. I've been using them for a few years. I think I brushed too hard for several years, so i have some gum recession now....

But yeah, good toothbrushes

11-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Sponger, have you had results from the whitening toothpaste? I have this and havent seen results with it, nor from any other whitening toothpaste.

stanky
11-07-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but a nice $4-5 normal toothbrush would probably do a much better job and feel better if you were a diligent brusher.

[/ QUOTE ]

$4-5, your getting ripped off.

Sponger15SB
11-07-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sponger, have you had results from the whitening toothpaste? I have this and havent seen results with it, nor from any other whitening toothpaste.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't use it until now, but I don't brush enough anyways so I doubt it will work.

Sponger15SB
11-07-2005, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said a good toothbrush. You can buy a piece of crap standard one for $2 if you want.

edit- ok I said "normal one".... but yeah, a good toothbrush should cost you like $4-5

-Skeme-
11-07-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I said a good toothbrush. You can buy a piece of crap standard one for $2 if you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zinger.

stanky
11-07-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no good or bad toothbrushes just hard, medium, and soft, everything else is just some stupid gimmick. This is paraphrasing my cousin who is my dentist.

Sponger15SB
11-07-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There are no good or bad toothbrushes just hard, medium, and soft, everything else is just some stupid gimmick. This is paraphrasing my cousin who is my dentist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone else totally disagree with this?

The Dude
11-07-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is paraphrasing my cousin who is my dentist.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your dentist cousin is retarded.