PDA

View Full Version : Did villain play this right?

11-07-2005, 08:02 PM
I'm curious on what you think of UTG+2's play in this hand. He had AA, and chose to limp preflop, call/raise on the flop. On other hands, he seemed to be fairly tricky, but on this hand, I can't decide if he played it superbly or silly. The other players both had Qx.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: MP3 posts a blind of $0.50. UTG posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls, UTG folds.

River: (12 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

milesdyson
11-07-2005, 08:10 PM
nope

bottomset
11-07-2005, 08:20 PM
he played it very bad .. the preflop limp is horrible with 2posters in the hand .. postflop was bad too, since there is no reason to believe that someone will raise the hand behind him

11-07-2005, 08:21 PM
I think it's a great play as long as the flop comes AAx everytime.

I HATE the idea of limping with AA in low limits. You're just asking to get them cracked. I actually enjoy watching people lose with AA and KK when they limp preflop (assuming a full LP table).

I also HATE the call on the flop. There is a flush draw and a straight draw out. Raise and thin the field or at least charge the draws.

11-07-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious on what you think of UTG+2's play in this hand. He had AA, and chose to limp preflop

[/ QUOTE ]
I stopped reading there. Playing like that will cost him money, and if he limps AA I'm guessing he makes a number of other mistakes based on similar rationales.

Either stage an intervention and buy him a copy of SSHE, or post his nick so we can help him, er, deal with his aces. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

11-07-2005, 08:33 PM
*grunch*
I think he didnt know what he was doing. In my opinion, he just lost money on that preflop limping. On the flop same thing, he was just lucky that MP3 raised.

But then again, I'm just a newbie with &lt; 10k hands...

Nick C
11-07-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm pretty sure that limping AA with two posters in the hand is simply a bad idea. There's too much money in the pot already to get fancy. (Even if by some chance everyone folds and you end up winning preflop, that's not such a bad result, in this instance. You just won 1.75 BBs.)

Anyway, even without the posters, unless an 0.5/1 table is unusually tight (in which case you should look for another table), I would only consider going for a limp-reraise if (1) there was a maniac to my left who routinely raised preflop but rarely 3-bet, and (2) no one was respecting the maniac's raises, but they did have some respect for mine.

Or I guess I might do it if I was steaming. But that's not a good reason.