PDA

View Full Version : Agression Check

JDErickson
11-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Absolute SH (5 handed).

Fairly agressive table. Villain is 28/21 TAG.

I am dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif in EP and open raise. SB 3 bets, BB calls, I call.

Flop 7 5 9 all /images/graemlins/spade.gif (9 SB)

SB bets, BB calls, I call.

Turn 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif (12 SB)

SB bets, BB folds, I raise, SB 3 bets, I cap

River A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (11 BB)

Capped again

Comments? When do you fear monsters under the bed?

I think Mike arrived and I spewed.

D.H.
11-07-2005, 06:40 PM
I would probably call the 3-bet on the river.

JerseyTom
11-07-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get it. Do we really think SB is 3-betting OOP with the 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif or exactly J/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/spade.gif?

Drontier
11-07-2005, 06:52 PM
No, but a sane opponent does not do this wiht the Ks

Drontier
11-07-2005, 06:53 PM
raise the flop.

JDErickson
11-07-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this was a multi table mistake. Didn't notice I had the A of suit. On a mono flop I normally wait until a safe turn to raise my top pair.

D.H.
11-07-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get it. Do we really think SB is 3-betting OOP with the 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif or exactly J/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/spade.gif?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, 66 is very likely. Considering the turn and river action and the fact that he is a TAG I can't see how we are ahead when he makes it 3 bets on the river. What would you put him on when he does that?

JerseyTom
11-07-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, 66 is very likely. Considering the turn and river action and the fact that he is a TAG I can't see how we are ahead when he makes it 3 bets on the river. What would you put him on when he does that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess you're right. I suppose I don't get into too many hands like this with decent players. Invariably it seems, villain has KsQs and can't believe that his flopped monster is now worthless.

I guess I'm not 3-betting 66 out of the SB vs an EP raise either... but I suppose that's a different thread altogther.

Tom

xwillience
11-07-2005, 08:14 PM
does a TAG really 3bet 66 or JT after an ep raise? id think K /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif is possible also a set? ive seen crazier things. also i think capping the river is maybe a bit much but i think your certainly goign to take this down more often then not

edit KxK /images/graemlins/spade.gif maybe too

Wynton
11-07-2005, 08:16 PM
I would have capped the river too.

D.H.
11-08-2005, 06:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have capped the river too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain why. I'd like to hear the thoughts of you guys who want to cap this river.

Maybe it will help to look at this hand from the view of our opponent. Let's assume he's got the /images/graemlins/spade.gifK.

Is it possible that we have the ace? Absolutely.
Is it possible that we have 66 or JT? Yes.

So, essentially he should have the same thoughts that we have except that he is also afraid of the ace, which is a very likely card for us to have. Now, you expect him to go capped turn / capped river with this, while we're discussing if it is correct when having the ace?

This of course assumes that our opponent is a thinking player, but my experience is that enough 28/21 players are to make this a reasonable assumption.

Edit: OP: What limit are we playing?