PDA

View Full Version : The most respected authority

Ralle
06-19-2003, 08:29 AM
Of the great poker experts below, which one do you respect the most for his advice.

Note: This is just a selection based on what authors I have happened to read the most.

andyfox
06-19-2003, 01:17 PM
I voted, but I assume you mean poker advice. The guy I voted for gives astoundingly good poker advice, but I wouldn't take his advice on anything of importance in life.

JimRivett
06-19-2003, 01:55 PM
Hello Andy,

I really liked your reply, perhaps you should have been included in the list.

btw could you e-mail me or call me, my laptop, which has all my names and addresses etc, decided it was time to make me format the hard drive and reload XP. As as result I have lost most of that information. I will attempt to make it to the Commerce tomorrow, will you be playing?

Regards, Jim

06-19-2003, 02:03 PM
Can I nominate Max Shapiro ? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Al Mirpuri
06-20-2003, 02:39 PM
I have voted in this and think it a great idea.

However, there are at least four flaws in it:

1. You can only for one poker authority not all that you found useful.

2. There is no way from stopping people voting twice.

3. It is on David Sklansky and Mason Malmuth's web site. The sample you are using is not random.

4. It is only possible to vote for poker authorities you have provided.

AceHigh
06-20-2003, 04:13 PM
You should have put Abdul Jalib on the list.

microlimitaddict
06-21-2003, 04:53 PM
Why can't I vote for any of the TRUE poker experts?? This list is a complete embarassment.

I nominate the following write-in candidates...
Gabe Kaplan
Mike Sexton
Phil Hellmuth (hey, he wrote a book afterall)
and Hollywood Home Game Expert Vince Van Patten

bernie
06-21-2003, 07:00 PM

Zeno
06-22-2003, 03:40 AM
I assume that this is about limit poker advice. I think that is what most others will assume also. Some of the experts do limit and non-limit poker and the quality of their advice may be very uneven depending on the type of poker talked about.

Also, almost all polls are inherently bias. Still, it is an interesting question.

I voted.

-Zeno

Ralle
06-22-2003, 08:27 AM
Thanks for your replies and for voting. Of course this is mostly for fun, and no real conclusions can be drawn from the results. It is however of some interest to see what the preferences are among 2+2:ers. This might give a better perspective and orientation when reading posts and thinking about all the advice that can be found in them.

Jimbo
06-22-2003, 11:43 AM
Sorry Ralle but the mere fact that Mike Caro got 8% of thye votes invalidates your poll. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif