PDA

View Full Version : HU vs tough TAA

DavidC
11-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Edit: x-posted in SSLHE

PF: It's folded to you in MP1. You have QQ, you raise. A tough TAA on your direct left three-bets, it's folded back to you and you cap. He calls.

Flop: A62r. You check, he bets, you call.

Turn: 8r. You check, he checks.

River is a 5...

--------------

1) Was my play on the flop and turn okay (planning to call on the turn)?

2) What do you do on the river?

3) If you had KK, what would you do on the river?

--Dave.

MrWookie47
11-07-2005, 06:23 PM
How tough is he? If he's garden variety tough, I think you bet/fold. If he's tough enough to raise you with JJ thinking you're bet/folding, I think you can c/c.

DavidC
11-07-2005, 06:25 PM
I'm not sure if you saw my earlier edit:

#3: How about if you had KK?

--Dave.

MrWookie47
11-07-2005, 06:26 PM
I think my plan is the same.

VoraciousReader
11-07-2005, 06:35 PM
1) I like your flop/turn play.
2) I think I bet/fold, unless he has bluff check-raised before.
3) With KK, I'm still betting, but I don't think I'm folding. Opponent seems to be nervous about the ace (unless he checked turn to induce a bluff--is he tough enough to do that?)

Altaslim
11-07-2005, 06:55 PM
I think if you bet the flop and turn this hand plays quite differently.

MrWookie47
11-07-2005, 07:02 PM
How many hands in villains is OP ahead of on that flop? On the turn? On the river?

Altaslim
11-07-2005, 07:17 PM
I'm betting the flop here because I don't want to give up the initiative. I want to make my opponent consider what I have and decide accordingly. As the hand played out it looks like villain is scared of the A as well, in which case we may be good here or be able to move him off KK.

Disclaimer: I also spew chips and play SH.

DavidC
11-07-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How many hands in villains is OP ahead of on that flop? On the turn? On the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's what I'm thinking, after my opponent checks the turn, it's much more likely that I'm ahead than behind.

If I check to him on the river and he bets, if I had KK I could checkraise probably... I'm not sure that I'd get called, though... if I'd only get called by AQ then I should either check-call or bet-call, depending on what makes the most...

Hmm... it's tough, but I guess probably bet just in case villain has something like TT and he has to prevent himself from being bluffed after checking through the turn (he can't bet the TT on the river since I'm not calling with anything that loses).

So, I guess bet out, but I'd really love to checkraise with KK. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

11-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Flop: I think you should have bet out.

River: I'd bet/call. If you are behind, you put in the same # of bets as if you called a bet on the turn and on the river. In other words, I see no benefit to this play unless he thinks you'll give up on the turn.

My feeling is that he was reraising preflop to isolate with a medium pocket pair (say 99) and got nervous on the A-high flop, especially since you capped it preflop. His flop bet is too represent the ace since you checked, after that he wants to avoid putting in more money.

I think you are way ahead. Of course, I've been wrong before.

11-07-2005, 08:28 PM
The flop bet seems to me like a steal attempt. If I thought that was the case, I'd curse when the turn gets checked through and bet out the river, irritated that I didn't 3 bet the flop.