PDA

View Full Version : Email with Party re: new account

nthn2fancy
11-07-2005, 04:46 PM
So I said what the hell its worth a shot, I emailed Party and stated that I would like to close my account and open a new one. They responded by saying that normally they dont allow it but they would like to know the reason I would like a new account. What should I say to them?

Guthrie
11-07-2005, 04:53 PM
Tell them your lawn gnome was stolen on Halloween and you had to get a new one.

11-07-2005, 04:57 PM
Seriously I could do with an answer for this, although I was going to delete PP from my computer and download and sign up again, and then email them and ask to close the old one.

guess that will work, and hope my bank card will still work

Hornacek
11-07-2005, 05:07 PM
Say you're signing up under an affiliate who has a great gifts program. As far as I know/remember, RB is illegal on Party Poker, but they are all for programs that give you free "prizes" for attaining goals each month.

GrannyMae
11-07-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tell them your lawn gnome was stolen on Halloween and you had to get a new one.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/c0/cwm.gif

VinnyTheFish
11-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Wow - you got a responce. I emailed party and asked them to close my account (thatw as not used in over 9 months). They never responded via email. I emailed again. No responce, but the account is locked now - so I guess it is closed.

Now I am wondering if they will let me open a new one. Time for a phone call.

xadrez
11-07-2005, 05:46 PM
Tell them you have split personality disorder and your nit personality is tired of the laggy one spewing chips...

11-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Claim that you and your brother created the account together but that you want one just for yourself now, and that your brother might create one just for him in a little while.

It will prob be ok. It worked for a friend of mine anyway.

Otherwise, if u run XP, just create a new account in XP and then create a new accoutn at Party from that. If u used a credit card the last time, use neteller this time. It will prob not be a problem. And if they notice they will most likely just ask you wich one of the accounts u would like to keep.
However, I wouldn't risk it with a "first time user bonus" since THAT might be considered as fraud if they noticed.

GL

/dNus

GrannyMae
11-07-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tell them you have split personality disorder and your nit personality is tired of the laggy one spewing chips...

[/ QUOTE ]

HA!

gg

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/crazy.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/h0/dazdrool.gif

Ponks
11-07-2005, 07:36 PM
I'd tell em your old username leaked out in a forum and you're worried about someone guessing your password, something like that.

Ponks

1p0kerb0y
11-07-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'd tell em your old username leaked out in a forum and you're worried about someone guessing your password, something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't you just change your password then?

TylerD
11-07-2005, 07:41 PM
my first true "lol" in a while. nh

J_B
11-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Tell them that you feel you've been running bad and that account is unlucky.

nthn2fancy
11-07-2005, 07:59 PM
OMGOMG!!!!!!

> Hello,
> Is there anyway I would be able to create a new account and close my old
> account? Please let me know.
> Thanks,
> Jeremy Kahn
>

> Dear Jeremy,
>
> Thank you for contacting us.
>
> Normally, we do not allow players to close account and open another. We
> would however like to know as to why you want to close the existing account
> and open a new one.
>
> Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!
>
> Imo

Subject: Re: Response from PartyPoker.com [#3990231]

The nickname was given to me by my ex-fiance who recently broke off our
engagement. I can not stand to continue playing with the name as it brings
up horrible anger and puts me on extreme tilt. So again, if it would be
possible that would be extremely helpful to my psyche and would allow me to
continue playing non stop on Party Poker.

Thank you,
Jeremy Kahn

Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for contacting us.

We suggest that you change your screen name from the website to ensure the security and privacy of your account:

EricW
11-07-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OMGOMG!!!!!!

> Hello,
> Is there anyway I would be able to create a new account and close my old
> account? Please let me know.
> Thanks,
> Jeremy Kahn
>

> Dear Jeremy,
>
> Thank you for contacting us.
>
> Normally, we do not allow players to close account and open another. We
> would however like to know as to why you want to close the existing account
> and open a new one.
>
> Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!
>
> Imo

The nickname was given to me by my ex-fiance who recently broke off our
engagement. I can not stand to continue playing with the name as it brings
up horrible anger and puts me on extreme tilt. So again, if it would be
possible that would be extremely helpful to my psyche and would allow me to
continue playing non stop on Party Poker.

Thank you,
Jeremy Kahn

Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for contacting us.

We suggest that you change your screen name from the website to ensure the security and privacy of your account:

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL you got /pwned. Should have gone with J_B's advice.

IggyWH
11-07-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OMGOMG!!!!!!

> Hello,
> Is there anyway I would be able to create a new account and close my old
> account? Please let me know.
> Thanks,
> Jeremy Kahn
>

> Dear Jeremy,
>
> Thank you for contacting us.
>
> Normally, we do not allow players to close account and open another. We
> would however like to know as to why you want to close the existing account
> and open a new one.
>
> Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!
>
> Imo

The nickname was given to me by my ex-fiance who recently broke off our
engagement. I can not stand to continue playing with the name as it brings
up horrible anger and puts me on extreme tilt. So again, if it would be
possible that would be extremely helpful to my psyche and would allow me to
continue playing non stop on Party Poker.

Thank you,
Jeremy Kahn

Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for contacting us.

We suggest that you change your screen name from the website to ensure the security and privacy of your account:

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL< you got pwnd and don't even know it. This is an option anyone can do and it's NOT by creating a new account :

https://secure.partypoker.com/my_account/change_screenname.htm

nthn2fancy
11-07-2005, 08:06 PM
yeah, i just realized...i got owned lol. I was so excited when i read the email...back to the drawing board....

Lmn55d
11-07-2005, 08:48 PM
rofl

11-07-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Claim that you and your brother created the account together but that you want one just for yourself now, and that your brother might create one just for him in a little while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Write back and say your brother wrote the last e-mail....

/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Sightless
11-07-2005, 10:46 PM
pure ownage

gasoltub
11-08-2005, 01:24 AM
Claim that you and your brother created the account together but that you want one just for yourself now, and that your brother might create one just for him in a little while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Write back and say your brother wrote the last e-mail....

/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for contacting us.
We are excited to let you know that you can trade your brother for exclusive PartyPoker.com merchandise in our players club point store.

Enjoy!

If you have any other questions/concerns please write to info@partypoker.com with the subject line of your email as "GameSupport" or call us at our toll free number +1 800 852 4719 (for US and Canada only) and ask to speak to GameSupport.

Anurag
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

Vavavoom
11-08-2005, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
pure ownage

[/ QUOTE ]

Haaaa Haaaa - So funny......Why didn't u wait for the responses on here before actually sending the email....Patience is a virtue !

Tk79
11-08-2005, 09:24 AM
http://lindsay.ptmfus.com/images/Funny/this_thread_rocks.jpg

captZEEbo1
11-08-2005, 09:50 AM
just a thought, you can say that is not sufficient enough, b/c you check your current bankroll frequently (multiple times per session to see if you are up or down on the day) so you still see it say your "accountname" everytime you check your bankroll amount and that still puts you on tilt.

HesseJam
11-08-2005, 11:10 AM
I have a hunch, that this is not going to cut it.

gildwulf
11-08-2005, 11:36 AM
I got owned too....I also feel like a whore for saying I liked Party's layout.

Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 03:03:30 -0800 (PST)
From: XXXXXXXXXXX Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Closing down old account and opening
To: support@partypoker.com

[ QUOTE ]

Hi,

My name is XXXXXX and I would like to close my old account and re-open a new one. I know you guys may not normally do this, but there are exceptional circumstances here. My brother XXXX and I originally signed up for Partypoker together on the same account. Unfortunately, he is in Montreal and I recently moved to Chicago. I would like to set up a separate account and close down this old one so we can start over...I'm no longer comfortable to play on a joint account at the stakes I play. I would also like to add I used to be a high-volume short-handed limit player on another site and would really like to bring all my business over to Party because I like the layout of your site so much better.

Please help me close down my old account and open up another one. Let me know if this is acceptable and I will cash out what is left of my bankroll in my old account.

Thank you,
Zach

[/ QUOTE ]

Their rather quick response:

[ QUOTE ]
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 13:25:57 -0500 (EST)
From: support@partypoker.com Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: XXXXXXXX
Subject: Response from PartyPoker.com [#3994801]

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting us.

We note from our records that you already have an account with a
website that is powered and regulated by PartyGaming. Therefore you will not
be allowed to create another account. In order to prevent collusion we
have restrictions in place which will allow only one account per
player.

Please continue to use the existing account. If you have forgotten your
account name or password, please click on the 'Forgot Password' tab on
Main Lobby.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Sunil
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

gildwulf
11-08-2005, 11:44 AM
I want to see more absurd letters! Cmon people, use your imagination...try deaths in the family or bio-terrorism or something....

BottlesOf
11-08-2005, 01:25 PM
Wow that was a terrible job by you. Why didn't you post that idea before mailing it?

VinnyTheFish
11-09-2005, 09:20 AM
I am on email #6, still nothing!

I even mentioned that I usually play over 500 hands a day and over 10,000 a month.

For a little insentive, I even mentioned how much I wager on online black jack per month.

They just ignore this user. Enjoy. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

schwza
11-09-2005, 12:36 PM
i've already canceled my account. i'm planning on opening a new one in a couple of days. since the first one is canceled, and they'll definitely want me to have some account, i'm hoping they let me open another one.

Sniper
11-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Vinny,

Offers are based on their analysis of your play on Party. It appears that they are trying to make this a true VIP program where they reward those already giving them alot of business, rather than a marketing mechanism to recruit high volume players from other rooms.