PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker Question

11-07-2005, 03:27 PM
Ok... So I dont know if this is the right forum for this or not but I figured you guys would have the answer anyways.

I have recently been introduced to Poker Tracker. Great program. Wish I would have invested a long time ago. Anyways... I want to use it not only to help me judge my opponents but to gauge my own game as well...

So my question is:

How do you use Poker Tracker to find "holes" in your game?

Thanks as usual guys.

fuego527
11-07-2005, 03:46 PM
I suppose if you had like 1/2 M hands that you could look at your stats with specific hand types in specific positions and see how your strategies were going. But, for me, I just use PT so that when I'm thinking about a hand I played, I know the exact details. Basically, I do my own thinking, but PT gives me the information I need to do the thinking. So, I guess my suggestion is that you go over your hands in PT after you have completed a session.

PS The big pots aren't neccessarily the most important. (in fact, for most people, I feel that they are far from the most important) Go over hands that didn't feel quite right instead.

PinkSteel
11-07-2005, 03:57 PM
* General Info tab, Known Starting Hands table, look for starting hands overplayed (I have a dozen custom filters)
* Position Stats tab, top table, look for table positions overplayed (e.g., are you completing in SB too much?)
* Misc. Stats tab, top table (Known Final Hand Summary), check "Show Only Hands That Were Not Folded", look for final hands overplayed (e.g., are you playing top pair unprofitably?)

11-07-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
* General Info tab, Known Starting Hands table, <font color="red">look for starting hands overplayed </font> (I have a dozen custom filters)
* Position Stats tab, top table, look for table positions overplayed (e.g., are you completing in SB too much?)
* Misc. Stats tab, top table (Known Final Hand Summary), check "Show Only Hands That Were Not Folded", look for final hands overplayed (e.g., are you playing top pair unprofitably?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I probably look really stupid asking this but can you walk me through making this filter... I know you go to filters... create new filter... then what.... I really appreciate it.

Allinlife
11-07-2005, 04:57 PM
wrong forum dude