PDA

View Full Version : really deep home /fight at table report

11-07-2005, 02:50 PM
So a week ago or so I asked for help on a 1000BB home game. (5/5 blinds, 5000 min buy in) I played in it over the weekend, and it was fantastic. It ran six handed for about seven hours. There was a fair amount of live straddling and a few people turning the game into a pissing contest by trying to raise each other out of pots. Some interesting hands: The first time I'm on button I get 67 of clubs. UTG blind limps, UTG+1 raises to 50, CO calls, I call, UTG looks and calls. Flop comes down 258, with one club. UTG bets out 150, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, I just call. Turn is 9 of clubs. UTG bets out 500, UTG folds, CO calls, I raise to 2000, UTG goes all in, CO calls, I call. UTG turns over 67, CO turns over 34 of clubs, I hit the glorious T of clubs on the river to triple up /images/graemlins/smile.gif

About an hour later, there's a live straddle to 20, everyone calls, I pop it to 150 with KQ of hearts from the SB. Two people call. Flop comes down 36T, all hearts. I bet out 500, one calls, other folds. Turn is a 9 of spades. I bet 1500. He calls, and I have his ~8K covered. River is offsuit J. I bet 2500, he pushes. I vomit, try to get a read, think forever, and call as he shows me the nuts.

Last interesting hand, poker gods smile upon me. I get a free play in the big blind with 86o, and the flop comes down 884 with two spades. I bet pot, get raised by first limper, who has my ~7.5K covered, and decide that he's making a play at the pot. I'm going to let him hang himself, so I just call, plan on keeping a small pot unless I fill or a flush comes down. Turn is a 6 of spades. I think that he'll raise with a flush, so I bet out pot. He raises pot, I think he might make a heroic call cuz he's a bit stupid, and I push (pot at this point was about like 1.5K) and he calls. He turns over 44. I read well.

Unfortunately, the night endsugly:, one drunk player (Jon) makes a huge raise on a river with a flush out there. The other player (Al) reraises him even bigger- these players both had bought in for 20K, and this pot is about 40K, plus/minus a plasma screen or two. Jon says that Al wouldn't have the balls to make a big raise without the nuts and calls, showing a small flush. Al turns over a naked Ace (losing) and says that he had enough balls to f.uck Jon's wife. Jon punches Al in the face, Al does the "bear hug and run into the wall move" to Jon, they crash to the floor and get broken up, pot gets sent over to Jon, and the game gets split up with the host sending everyone home in separate cabs. rather exciting, but I'm not sure if the host is going to run it again...

Wayfare
11-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Please tell me where this game is so I can rob it.

Niwa
11-07-2005, 03:03 PM
fun post to read and it sounds like great fun and a great game.

lapoker17
11-07-2005, 03:24 PM
There's nothing like that look in a guy's eyes when he proudly flips over the nuts and then sees that you're freerolling on him.

What a great feeling.

11-07-2005, 03:34 PM
this sounds extremely bogus and full of [censored]

11-07-2005, 05:11 PM
More importantly... did Al really [censored] Jons wife?

Picture please... I want to see if this biatch was worth getting decked for?

Allinlife
11-07-2005, 05:13 PM
thanks. it was a fun read.

cero_z
11-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Hi Wayfare,

[ QUOTE ]
Please tell me where this game is so I can rob it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say somebody's beaten you to it.