PDA

View Full Version : white spots on my throat

11-07-2005, 02:09 PM
well, white spot to be exact. the only other time i've noticed white spots on my throat i had strep. however, now i only have a minor sore throat, and it seems to only be sore in one specific spot, not where the spot is. i don't have access to any type of reputable medical facility, but can get antibiotics. i pretty much need to make the call as to whether or not to take antibiotics. anyone ever get white spots with a minor sore throat?

IndieMatty
11-07-2005, 02:10 PM
just take the antibiotics in a day or so. As long as you dont make a habit of it. Its not like it can hurt you.

Patrick del Poker Grande
11-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Pop it.

MelchyBeau
11-07-2005, 02:11 PM
You have 24 hours to live. I suggest you get started on your will.

Melch

phixxx
11-07-2005, 02:12 PM
They could be minor calcium deposits on the back of your throat which are unrelated to your soreness.

4_2_it
11-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Sounds like bird flu to me.

11-07-2005, 02:15 PM
whenever I've had white spots it is accompanied by strep every time.

theweatherman
[ QUOTE ]
well, white spot to be exact. the only other time i've noticed white spots on my throat i had strep. however, now i only have a minor sore throat, and it seems to only be sore in one specific spot, not where the spot is. i don't have access to any type of reputable medical facility, but can get antibiotics. i pretty much need to make the call as to whether or not to take antibiotics. anyone ever get white spots with a minor sore throat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, dont take antibiotics. It's most likely nothing. I'd say give it a week then get tested for bacterial strep. If its not bacterial then antibiotics will do nothing. You will save yourself cash and the world from increasing antibiotic resistence.

pokerdirty
herpes.

11-07-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like bird flu to me.

[/ QUOTE ] yes, that or monkey pox

codewarrior
11-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Sounds like pus sacks. Do you still have your tonsils? If so, I wouldn't worry about this - it's your immune system doing its job.

11-07-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say give it a week then get tested for bacterial strep. If its not bacterial then antibiotics will do nothing. You will save yourself cash and the world from increasing antibiotic resistence.

[/ QUOTE ] i will repeat, i do not have access to reasonable medical facilities. it seems that testing is not an option. i'm goona give it 36 more hours to fester, if the situation deteriorates, let the pill popping begin.

Yeti
11-07-2005, 02:24 PM
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/7500/t2364293bf.jpg

phage
11-07-2005, 02:30 PM
What antibiotics do you plan on using?

LeatherFace
11-07-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
white spots on my throat

[/ QUOTE ]
to easy.

11-07-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] idk, i'll go to a pharmacy, and see what they have. i think in the states they give you amoxisillan or something to that effect.

bosoxfan
11-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Where are you that you can get antibotics but don't have access to a doctor?

SlyGuy
11-07-2005, 02:46 PM
cancer.

11-07-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] syria. i could find a doctor, but i don't want to play that game here unless i absolutely have to.

pokerdirty
11-07-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] syria. i could find a doctor, but i don't want to play that game here unless i absolutely have to.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the guys that said you have 24 hrs to live were joking at first, but now, uh, you may already be dead.

RustedCorpse
11-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Don't take the anti biotic's without consulting some doctor via phone or something. With anti biotic's you want to take a specific regiment of time to completely eliminate whatever ails you. Furthermore if you take them for like 3 or four days stop, and the infection/ailment comes back it's going to be much more resistant to antibiotics.

phage
11-07-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] idk, i'll go to a pharmacy, and see what they have. i think in the states they give you amoxisillan or something to that effect.

[/ QUOTE ]
AT the very least get some suggestions from the pharmacist. Are you sure you have no allergies to antibiotics?

xadrez
11-07-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
herpes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on man dont mess with the guy! He clearly has gonnorhea of the throat

pokerdirty
11-07-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
herpes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on man dont mess with the guy! He clearly has gonnorhea of the throat

[/ QUOTE ]

i keep seeing phage's avatar, and thinking that is what OP has in his throat /images/graemlins/frown.gif

BottlesOf
11-07-2005, 03:21 PM
This is way too sound medical advice for someone who has done more drug experimenting than Dennis Hopper in Apocalypse Now.

diebitter
11-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Strep

whisky+brandy time

LALDAAS
11-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Your screwed! You have strep, more then likely.

I just had it 3 weeks ago. Go to the doctor.

MrTrik
11-07-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Strep

whisky+brandy time

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup strep is my guess. Unfortunately antibiotics is the only real answer. It won't just go away if it's strep. And if it gets worse it gets serious quickly.

11-07-2005, 04:24 PM
for you all that have strep recently, did it get bad quickly, or were you mildly sick for a few days, and then it blew up.. i've had strep before, and usually i'm pretty sick right away. my only symtom now is the throat, the only reason i'm even thinking about it is the lack of easy access to medical help.

Worrots
11-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Serious answer: Go to a doctor.

Want to be scared answer:

" The following may be warning signs of HIV infection:
* white spots or unusual blemishes on the tongue, in the mouth, or in the throat"

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pubs/faq/faq5.htm

MelK
11-07-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to Disneyland, take that trip to Bangkok that you always wanted to. I know it sucks, but not all of us are going to live to a ripe old age.

Enjoy your last few months. Remember, "Only the good die young." Uh, I don't know if that quote belongs here, but you get my drift.

Don't post on 2+2, there are better ways to spend your last few months.

Au revoir /images/graemlins/frown.gif