PDA

View Full Version : Bum wines.

11-07-2005, 02:09 PM
I found this link:

www.bumwine.com (http://www.bumwine.com)

And it lists the following "Bum" wines:

Thunderbird
Wild Irish Rose
Night Train
Cisco
MD 20/20

I was wondering if anyone has tried any of this crap (I never have) and what they thought. The only one I have seen at a liquor store is MD 20/20.

I am curious about Cisco (http://www.bumwine.com/cisco.html), though, if it makes you as messed up as they say it does.

TheMainEvent
11-07-2005, 02:12 PM
I tried MD 20/20. It's very, very bad. But if I was homeless I guess I might eventually get used to it.

11-07-2005, 02:13 PM
md 20/20. wow. haven't thought about that one since 10th grade. that @#$^ f's you up. they made all kinds of whacky flavors as i remember. that stuff truly is liquid crack. arguably the cheapest drunk one can get under 60 proof.

MelchyBeau
11-07-2005, 02:13 PM
I've had night train before. not good at all.

Melch

Aces McGee
11-07-2005, 02:17 PM
My junior year in college, we banned Mad Dog 20/20 from our house because of all the bad things that accompanied ingesting it.

-McGee

Los Feliz Slim
11-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Cisco is, by far, the beast of this bunch. I've done some really really dumb things on MD 20/20, but Cisco is the one to watch. I think Cisco might be illegal in some states.

vulturesrow
11-07-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I found this link:

www.bumwine.com (http://www.bumwine.com)

And it lists the following "Bum" wines:

Thunderbird
Wild Irish Rose
Night Train
Cisco
MD 20/20

I was wondering if anyone has tried any of this crap (I never have) and what they thought. The only one I have seen at a liquor store is MD 20/20.

I am curious about Cisco (http://www.bumwine.com/cisco.html), though, if it makes you as messed up as they say it does.

[/ QUOTE ]

MD 20/20 was the first booze I ever got well and truly drunk from. I ended up puking in my sleep (luckily I was on my side) and the next morning when I went to basketball practice I was still a little tipsy and when I started sweating it was bad.

Shajen
11-07-2005, 02:24 PM
I've drank all 5.

They get the job done.

You aren't drinking them for the taste, dude.

Guy Incognito
11-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Mad Dog tastes like watered down kool-aid to me.

Wild Irish Rose is possibly the worst tasting liquid I've ever ingested.

SackUp
11-07-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cisco is, by far, the beast of this bunch. I've done some really really dumb things on MD 20/20, but Cisco is the one to watch. I think Cisco might be illegal in some states.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, Cisco is the correct answer and it is not even close. There is drunk and then there is cisco drunk. This stuff is liquid crack. It will fck you up like you've never been fck before. I don't know why or how it does it, it just does.

I really don't think a good thing has ever come from someone being drunk on Cisco. If you want a ridiculous night, then try some. Be prepared though, this stuff tastes like absolute CRAP. The red is probably the most doable for me. I cannot stand the orange. Purple is ok.

Oh the memories. Cisco will not dissappoint!

pryor15
11-07-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i got tipsy once just being in the same room as it.

moondogg
11-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Anyone who went to college and did not get drunk on Mad Dog on several different occasions should demand their tuition back.

jesusarenque
11-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Townes Van Zandt sings a song about Thunderbird. Funny stuff.

MD2020
11-07-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I tried MD 20/20. It's very, very bad. But if I was homeless I guess I might eventually get used to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
md 20/20. wow. haven't thought about that one since 10th grade. that @#$^ f's you up. they made all kinds of whacky flavors as i remember. that stuff truly is liquid crack. arguably the cheapest drunk one can get under 60 proof

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
My junior year in college, we banned Mad Dog 20/20 from our house because of all the bad things that accompanied ingesting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell did I ever do to you guys?

miajag81
11-07-2005, 05:19 PM
The worst hangover I've ever had came after a night of drinking MD 20/20. Ugh, I'm shuddering just thinking about it.

mason55
11-07-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, Cisco is the correct answer and it is not even close. There is drunk and then there is cisco drunk. This stuff is liquid crack. It will fck you up like you've never been fck before. I don't know why or how it does it, it just does.

I really don't think a good thing has ever come from someone being drunk on Cisco. If you want a ridiculous night, then try some. Be prepared though, this stuff tastes like absolute CRAP. The red is probably the most doable for me. I cannot stand the orange. Purple is ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to see Cisco has the same effect on other people. I read that bumwines site a few years ago and went searching for Cisco after reading the review. I had to drive to a weird liquor store in the ghetto to get it. The guy who ran it knew me and my friends as the "crackers who came to get Cisco."

The drunk is so different from any other. People will actually been able to tell when you have been drinking Cisco as opposed to other alcohol, it's that different. I don't think I remember a single thing that has ever happened after I started drinking Cisco. Oh, actually, the one thing I remember in my ~6 Cisco adventures is throwing a plastic statue of the Virgin Mary into a fire on the back deck of a bar and telling her "that's for giving birth to Jesus." After that I had to buy the stuff in secret because my friends wouldn't let me have any more.

So yes, my vote is for Cisco.

cold_cash
11-07-2005, 06:59 PM
When I was in high school my buddies and I played quarters one night with MD 20/20 Orange Jubilee.

Sometime during the night one of those guys got sick and puked out the window of his second story bedroom.

The next day there was huge orange puke streak down the side of his house. His mom was pissed.

Needless to say, it was awesome.

Rduke55
11-07-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mad Dog tastes like watered down kool-aid to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way wrong. Cisco is the nastiest liquid ever with the original being the absolute worst of the worst. Wild Irish Rose is nectar of the gods in comparison.

InchoateHand
11-07-2005, 07:12 PM
NightTrain.

That [censored] was awesome when I lived in KL.

CheckRaise
11-18-2005, 02:49 AM
I have never heard of or seen anyone drink this Mad Dog 20/20. Do they have it in the midwest?

SackUp
11-18-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to see Cisco has the same effect on other people. I read that bumwines site a few years ago and went searching for Cisco after reading the review. I had to drive to a weird liquor store in the ghetto to get it. The guy who ran it knew me and my friends as the "crackers who came to get Cisco."

The drunk is so different from any other. People will actually been able to tell when you have been drinking Cisco as opposed to other alcohol, it's that different. I don't think I remember a single thing that has ever happened after I started drinking Cisco. Oh, actually, the one thing I remember in my ~6 Cisco adventures is throwing a plastic statue of the Virgin Mary into a fire on the back deck of a bar and telling her "that's for giving birth to Jesus." After that I had to buy the stuff in secret because my friends wouldn't let me have any more.

So yes, my vote is for Cisco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it has some crazy affects. I have a friend who is outlawed from the stuff as well. Last time I was with him, he ended up running down the street with an american flag draped from his back as he proceeded to break anything and everything in his path.

You are a true champion if you can take 2 down. 10 of us started, but only 2 of us survived. Though I can barely consider myself a survivor as that [censored] fcked me up!

The last thing I remember was asking my friend, "is it ok to puke now?"

ackid
11-18-2005, 03:35 AM
They forgot to add Boon's Farm to the list.

Snow Creek Berry Bitch!!!

PoBoy321
11-18-2005, 03:38 AM
Where do you get these bum wines? I've never seen anything like them anywhere. The cheapest bottle of wine I've ever seen was a $6 bottle of real wine.

Is this like cooking wine that you buy in a super market?

KDawgCometh
11-18-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who went to college and did not get drunk on Mad Dog on several different occasions should demand their tuition back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could always afford decent to great beer and good alcohol, no need to drink a bunch of Syrupy Liquid poison

tdp
11-18-2005, 04:13 AM
When I was in high school,I'd go over to this older chic's house and she'd hook me up with a bottle of Mad Dog and let me hang out and get plastered while she went out with her boyfriend.
She had this big stupid dog that developed a taste for the stuff and he became my drinking buddy.One night after a really bad week,i wanted to get completely wasted so i had her buy me two bottles.After the first one,the dog and I were pretty lit and my judgement was gone.I popped open the second one and poured half of it in a bowl for my pathetic puppy freind.
Needless to say,when they came home to massive trails of purple dog puke all over the house,that was the end of my booze hookup.

rusellmj
11-18-2005, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Where do you get these bum wines?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can usually get them at convenience stores that offer liquor. Probably any liquor store also. You may not see them at the convenience store but they're usually there if it sells booze. The ones I see most are TBird, Night Train and Mad Dog.

Edit: You know, places where winos shop.

ClassicBob
11-18-2005, 05:12 AM
"I like talking about my wine, but I'd rather drink it." (http://www.carlorossi.com/home.htm)

Reef
11-18-2005, 05:18 AM
I think bums would buy the "wine" in the gallon glass jug

tonypaladino
11-18-2005, 06:40 AM
2 Things I don't understand the point of:

-Fortified Wine
-Malt Liquor

If you really want to get really hammered for really cheap just mix a litre of cheap vodka with a bottle of cramberry juice. It has the same kick and doesn't taste nearly as much like [censored].

thatpfunk
11-18-2005, 09:35 AM
im really interested in this cisco stuff now. i have never seen it here on the west coast... hopefully ill have a trip report soon.

11-18-2005, 09:50 AM
I understand why they call it Mad Dog because that stuff can make you crazy. Don't know about the 20/20 because after drikning a bottle you can't see straight.

StevieG
11-18-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They forgot to add Boon's Farm to the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was wondering how Boone's didn't make the list.

The Thunderbird label advises "Best Served Extremely Cold"

I think that about says it