PDA

View Full Version : Gettin' Jiggy in the BB with 92o at paradise

Al_Capone_Junior
06-18-2003, 11:17 PM
Paradise one table tourney. 7 remain. BB = 100. I have about 1500, other two players have me covered by quite a bit.

92o. Trashola. Mouse hovering over fold button. MP limps. SB limps. I check. Rest fold.

Flop A 9 2 rainbow, jiggy! SB bets 100. I raise to 700. (Bottom two with an ace on board, not a good place to slowplay). MP cold calls. SB calls.

Turn 7, making a two-flush. SB bets 100. I go all in. Both call.

River whatever, didn't seem to help anyone, I think it was a Qo. My opponents check what's left of their stacks.

A three way showdown shows A8o, J5s, and my two pair.

Jiggy enough for ya?

Critique my play (or my opponent's play) if you like. I just thought youz dudes would enjoy that one. I feel pretty jiggy when those kind of hands happen.

al

banditbdl
06-19-2003, 01:09 AM
I can't believe you got a cold call for 700 from the player with J5s on that flop, not sure what exactly he was thinking there.

ohkanada
06-19-2003, 09:37 AM
Nice hand!

It really is amazing the difference in quality of players on Paradise vs Pokerstars 1 table NL. I see some bizarre plays on Paradise.

Ken Poklitar

DaNoob
06-19-2003, 11:06 AM
I think I need to start playing the Party one table events. Too many rocks at Stars. I was playing last night at Stars and saw 8 people make it to the 100/200 blinds. 2-3 times in the 10/20 blinds I saw it get folded to the BB.

I played for 75 minutes and busted out at #6 (of 9).

Nice hand. I love it when you check with trash in the BB and the poker gods swat you with the deck, especially when you've got some mixed nuts at the table.

Al_Capone_Junior
06-19-2003, 02:06 PM
The players at party are terrible. This is true. But the structure of their one table events is far less appealing than paradise, stars, or UB (I like stars structure the best). Party starts you with 700 and blinds of 10-15. Paradise starts you with 1000 and blinds of 5-10. UB similar to paradise, but 12 minute rounds. Paradise 10 hands / round, no good for limit, but OK in NL.

That was a great hand tho! I've never tripled up when I already had a big stack before. It allowed me to skate into the final 3 with no problem, and still have a big stack when I got there. I did wind up winning it too. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

al