PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get committed to SNG's

ClaytonN
11-07-2005, 01:45 PM
For the past couple of months I make efforts to stick with SNG's, but then get distracted and mix up cash games as well. They are both profitable, but SNG's are definitely more profitable at this point.

I feel like I'm foregoing additional profit when I keep seeing myself get sidetracked from SNG's towards cash games in the name of boredom (or, rather, more interest/fun in cash games at the time).

Is this normal? Does anyone else get this?

I very badly want to stick totally to SNG's for the rest of this month but I wonder if that's healthy with my mindset.

(yes this probably belongs more in the psychology forum but I think I'm going to get better answers here)

HesseJam
11-07-2005, 01:50 PM
Your are also foregoing a profit if you stop playing to grab yourself some random slut to have some fun.

Whatever keeps the engine running...

lacky
11-07-2005, 01:51 PM
I've played hundreds of thousands of hands of each, and I'm convenced in the long run cash games are slightly more profitable than sng's. Bottom line is the $/hour difference playing at the proper level for your bankroll is negligable.

You are best off playing whatever interests you at any givin time.

pooh74
11-07-2005, 01:54 PM
I feel like when I start to only think of the bottom line, I will eventually get bored and just quit poker all together. There's a difference between using your roll to play other forms of poker where you have lower hourly rate, and using your roll to play blackjack (you all know who you are!).

Keep it interesting for yourself. If I didnt play MTTs, I would have maybe only another year left in me for SNGs.

All in moderation? Maybe?

p

wuwei
11-07-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are best off playing whatever interests you at any givin time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lacky is a wise man.