PDA

View Full Version : Do I expect more of black people than black people

03-24-2002, 04:30 PM
Do I expect more of black people than black people expect of black people?

Why can't some black kid read through a vocabulary book each night like a white kid?

And whose fault is it if he doesn't?

And granted that he doesn't, is it really fair to say that he is equally prepared to take on college coursework as a white kid?

Are black people more aware of their skin color than I am?

If they're so jealous of white people, why don't they try copying?

If you don't like "white" culture from the get-go, then why expect white culture to make room for you?

The truth is, black people and white people in this country had a lot more in common, culturally, prior to 1960.

It's a shame black people got their civil rights, and then decided to veer off into left field, inventing new holidays like Kwaanza, and making up funny names for themselves.

eLROY

03-24-2002, 05:09 PM
At the risk of being civil I offer the following quote:

15.21 The Master said: "A gentleman makes demands on himself; a vulgar man makes demands on others"

From, The Analects of Confucius- translated by Simon Leys.

-Zeno

03-24-2002, 05:36 PM
That's more racism from the core. America is a mesh of many cultures. That's like saying the Irish Catholics should renounce their faith and become Calvinists.

03-24-2002, 05:46 PM
It didn't end until 1964. Jim Crow poll taxes kept blacks from voting until 1965. Colin Powell disagrees with you.

03-24-2002, 05:57 PM
Blacks have been here way longer than Irish Catholics or anybody else, and the reason they took names like Washington is because people in Africa didn't have last names. Blacks have contributed more to our common culture probably than anybody but the British. But I don't see black people going around without last names wearing loincloths any more than I see white people dressing up like Mel Gibson in Braveheart.

To say that black people are Arabs or Moslems, or have Arab or Moslem names, is ridiculous. And it's as childish as those girls in high school who dye their hair black and wear all black clothes. For crying out loud, their skin is brown, and for some reason people continue to think that is the beginning of a path that leads wherever you say it leads!

Kwaanza was invented in Long Beach, California by some arrogant college professor in like 1978, and has nothing to do with black culture. Holidays aren't invented, for crying out loud, harvest holidays evolve if you have a harvest, and the black lifestyle in 1978, or whenever this crackpot cooked up Kwaanza, did not revolve around the harvest!

Their skin is brown. What's the big deal? The only thing they need to renounce is their illiteracy - just like white people did at some point in the last 100 years - and get with the program. I'm not one of these people who thinks brown people are born with their heads up their asses. They can have any religion they want, but if they want to get into college, they just need to learn some words in English, just like kids from India and China do.

I got a better tip for black people. Don't copy white people, or even Chinese immigrants, copy black people from the year 1940. For crying out loud, copy anyone who gets better than 600 on the SAT's, and you'll be able to get into college. Just read a freaking vocabulary book at night! Frankly, that's the exact same advice I would give to Irish Catholics if they were bitching about not getting into colleges.

eLROY

03-24-2002, 06:20 PM

03-25-2002, 07:37 AM

03-25-2002, 09:04 AM

03-25-2002, 09:10 AM
The world soen't revolve around you.

03-25-2002, 09:33 AM
I thought I was the one preventing black kids from getting into college.

eLROY