PDA

View Full Version : 20-40 live, 88 in BB

obsidian
11-07-2005, 12:07 PM
In a 20-40 live game that has gone short. 6 handed and I get 88 in BB. Folded to CO who is a decent playing tag raises. He seems to play with a sort of 2+2ish style and could most certainly be stealing here. Button 3-bets. He has been either cold calling or 3-betting the CO a lot with a fairly large range. They also seem to know each other. His play is very laggish when the table is short. SB folds and I cap in the BB hoping to push CO out. He does indeed fold and Button calls.

Flop: 3-4-6r

I bet, Button raises, I call planning to c/r a safe turn.

Turn: 5

check/call

River: 4

check/call

Sorry if this hand is boring.

11-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Why not just 3-bet the flop and bet the turn? Your line, as played, lets AK in for as cheap as possible and will make you pay more when you C/R a hand you're way behind such as a higher pocket. Getting 3-bet on this turn would not be an exciting result; but as played you're typically going to see 0 or 3 bets on this turn and that's exactly what you're looking to avoid.

obsidian
11-07-2005, 12:44 PM
Yea, that is the line I take here a lot, and think it is probably better. However, button's flop raising hands would include any gutshot or pair, and I was fairly certain he would virtually never take a free card hoping to fold my missed overs.